Is Hopcat legit?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They can't spell their address correctly on paperwork they submit to Companies House and it's not a complicated or oddly spelled name. However, what appears to be a private address is listed for the director/secretary, so if you're having trouble getting answers from them, try writing to that address.

It’s difficult to find any metal cookware made in the UK. All the UK companies seem to manufacture in China, even John Lewis top end stock pots. Brewtech I think manufacture in the USA but it shows in the cost. It would be nice if kit was made here, I’d expect we would pay a fortune for it.

Out interest how much postage did you pay? Looks to be about the same again.
I didn't pay postage. They have used my photos in their advertising, plus the help I gave them developing the units. If the retailer is legit, and can, order and pay for the goods, I doubt they will supply individuals in the UK. If he is trying to finance the order by pre selling and collecting the money to finance the order, then I doubt he will be succsesful. I would be trying to get my money back before he goes into liquidation. Good luck with that.

Last edited:
I didn't pay postage. They have used my photos in their advertising, plus the help I gave them developing the units. If the retailer is legit, and can, order and pay for the goods, I doubt they will supply individuals in the UK. If he is trying to finance the order by pre selling and collecting the money to finance the order, then I doubt he will be succsesful. I would be trying to get my money back before he goes into liquidation. Good luck with that.
I haven’t ordered anything, just followed the link you shared. Shipping makes it dearer or about the same as buying from a uk based business though.

I now have a hopcat and it arrived pretty quickly. I chose hopcat as it included some other items I needed, has a glass pipe on the side showing fill level and the price.

Downside about Hopcat is that if you are not in the UK you will now be charged EU Import duties. This will apply to any UK supplier, so you need to select a supplier who is based in the EU. This is a bit misleading as they have a .eu email address.

Contact details - You can start with the chat option on their website. That works fine and I was on it yesterday.
I have always had a rapid response to my emails.
I also have a phone number for them which I got with my receipt.

It’s difficult to find any metal cookware made in the UK. All the UK companies seem to manufacture in China, even John Lewis top end stock pots. Brewtech I think manufacture in the USA but it shows in the cost. It would be nice if kit was made here, I’d expect we would pay a fortune for it.
ss brewtech manufacture in china.

spike brewing like to boast 'made in usa' but their parts are made in china and then welded and assembled in the us.

Looks like it’s difficult to shop ethically for kit. I hope at least the grains I buy are not harvested by people who employ dodgy gang masters who pay sub minimum wage, guilty enough with the thought that my boiler was made by Uyghur prisoners.

Latest posts

Back