Is my Cerveza dead?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heggsy

Reaction score
I noticed when pitching that the yeast seemed a bit 'clumpy' but didn't fret too much, just gave it a good stir and let it get on. It seemed to be a pretty weak fermentation with not a lot happening through the airlock. Now it is 8 days gone and nothing has been out of the airlock for about 2 days. I checked the SG and it is about 1.015. I've given it a right good stir to see if that'll help, but if nothing changes, what should I do? :wha:

Firstly dont worry about the airlock, mine never bubbles, and give it another week if need be in fv. Dont panic mate.
I got a tip from another member on here, to use yeast nutrient at start of brewing, one level teaspoon per gallon and it stops stuck fermentation. Ive had no bother since starting to use it. But again, give the brew more time and take a reading. :thumb:

bottler said:
Firstly dont worry about the airlock, mine never bubbles, and give it another week if need be in fv. Dont panic mate.
I got a tip from another member on here, to use yeast nutrient at start of brewing, one level teaspoon per gallon and it stops stuck fermentation. Ive had no bother since starting to use it. But again, give the brew more time and take a reading. :thumb:

Will do, mate.

I'll check again on Sunday. Hopefully, you're right and 14 days will do the trick. :pray:

Latest posts

Back