Is the Meghan Interview with Oprah a big deal in the UK? Is/was Oprah Winfrey a big celeb with you folks?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i wasn't expecting you to to be honest its easy to call something ******** rather than take the time to prove it is.

Does that also go for the 1% below or is it just the royals you dislike?

Almost a quarter of all household wealth in the UK is held by the richest 1% of the population, according to alarming new research that reveals a historic underestimation of inequality in the country.

The study found that the top 1% had almost £800bn more wealth than suggested by official statistics, meaning that inequality has been far higher than previously thought. Researchers said the extra billions was a conservative estimate and could well be more.

The revelation comes amid calls for ministers to consider a new wealth tax or substantial reforms to existing levies on the rich, so that they play a bigger role in helping the country deal with the Covid fallout and the costs of an ageing population. Demands for a mansion tax are also being revived.

Around 5% of the total wealth held by the very richest households has been missed by official measures, researchers at the Resolution Foundation thinktank found. It discovered the missing wealth by comparing official statistics compiled by the Office for National Statistics with data from the Sunday Times Rich List.

https://www.theguardian.com/inequal...ve-almost-a-quarter-of-uk-wealth-study-claims

Off with all their heads.

Well i wasn't expecting you to to be honest its easy to call something ******** rather than take the time to prove it is.

Almost a quarter of all household wealth in the UK is held by the richest 1% of the population, according to alarming new research that reveals a historic underestimation of inequality in the country.

The study found that the top 1% had almost £800bn more wealth than suggested by official statistics, meaning that inequality has been far higher than previously thought. Researchers said the extra billions was a conservative estimate and could well be more.

The revelation comes amid calls for ministers to consider a new wealth tax or substantial reforms to existing levies on the rich, so that they play a bigger role in helping the country deal with the Covid fallout and the costs of an ageing population. Demands for a mansion tax are also being revived.

Around 5% of the total wealth held by the very richest households has been missed by official measures, researchers at the Resolution Foundation thinktank found. It discovered the missing wealth by comparing official statistics compiled by the Office for National Statistics with data from the Sunday Times Rich List.

https://www.theguardian.com/inequal...ve-almost-a-quarter-of-uk-wealth-study-claims
As DD2 says

Burden of proof is on the person presenting the data.
and it would help if you stuck to the point

and it would help if you stuck to the point

I thought i had, you said -

where no one has secret privileges and wealth is evenly shared

I asked -

Typical to call any challenge to the status quo of this country marxists. If the gutter press turned on the Royal Family or the Tories then they would be swept away so the media moguls get what they want including Brexit.
CT as a moderator you should stay neutral however hard that may be.

Mainly because of all of the extreme left wing views and comments.
I really can't understand why there is all this fuss about this pair of wasters.
I, for one, will be ignoring this thread from now.

Personally I have never chosen a holiday destination because they have a pampered family living a privileged life in one of their several substantial houses whom I will not meet. I will go to a place with good history, their own culture and historic places to visit whether it has any royal connection or not.
As I said if they bring in that much money privatise them then they can earn money they generate, paying taxes on the profits, and leave us tax payers not having to pay for all this lifestyle. That way we would see how much they really bring into the country and how much comes in because the UK is a great place to visit.

Mainly because of all of the extreme left wing views and comments.
I really can't understand why there is all this fuss about this pair of wasters.
I, for one, will be ignoring this thread from now.
Your saying the Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh are wasters that's treason off with your head.

Personally I have never chosen a holiday destination because they have a pampered family living a privileged life in one of their several substantial houses whom I will not meet. I will go to a place with good history, their own culture and historic places to visit whether it has any royal connection or not.
As I said if they bring in that much money privatise them then they can earn money they generate, paying taxes on the profits, and leave us tax payers not having to pay for all this lifestyle. That way we would see how much they really bring into the country and how much comes in because the UK is a great place to visit.
Tourists come to Britain to see our wonderful countryside and great history not because of some pampered elitist family.

Back