iSpindel query

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leard

Reaction score
I recently started fermenting with my iSpindel. However, the measurements I'm getting are in increments of 10. So my OG was 1.060, and it's since dropped to 1.050 and now 1.040. It isn't showing any measurements between these.

Is this a feature of them, or have I not calibrated or set something up correctly? When I calibrated, I did the thing where you put it in increasingly concentrated sugar water (1.000, 1.010, 1.020 -1.070) and take a tilt reading. Then, once you have the equation, you assign that to the iSpindel.

I recently started fermenting with my iSpindel. However, the measurements I'm getting are in increments of 10. So my OG was 1.060, and it's since dropped to 1.050 and now 1.040. It isn't showing any measurements between these.

Is this a feature of them, or have I not calibrated or set something up correctly? When I calibrated, I did the thing where you put it in increasingly concentrated sugar water (1.000, 1.010, 1.020 -1.070) and take a tilt reading. Then, once you have the equation, you assign that to the iSpindel.
The ispindel will send out the SG at a much higher accuracy than that (eg, 1.0345 or higher precision). The problem is most likely in wherever you are viewing the data. How are you viewing the SG?

I'm viewing it using Ubidots.

This is what it looks like.
Capture.JPG

The tilt is clearly starting to arch downwards. But the calculation to convert this into gravity isn't anywhere near as accurate.
Capture.JPG

The guys at Assetsolution, who sell iSpindels, really are amazing. I emailed and they got back incredibly quickly.

The problem was that I had the decimal point default to 2 instead of 3. For anybody else that stumbles across this and needs a solution. Go to 'My Profile' on Ubidots, and then is says 'Decimal places'. Just change that to 3.

Back