Jay's First Time Micro Beer Brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, not really been very good at keeping this up to date :oops:

Been a bit crazy here on my car project so kinda got side tracked....I DID take pics though :thumb:

So last weekend, I racked the ale off into a clean demijohn and dry hopped 4g of Cascade hops. Fermentation had reached the point where there was no activity and the krausen had completely subsided so I guessed that would be the right point to start the secondary. Tried the hydrometer and sure enough, it had reached the point I thought it would at about 3.75% is, so not a strong beer by any means. Was a bit cheeky and tried a bit from the testing cylinder as well :whistle: Ooooh....it has potential - even as fresh as it was, it tasted pretty good (if completely flat and warm obviously) but that gave me hope. remember, this is the first time I have done a beer like this.

gIjI3QY.jpg

eID9U5T.jpg

Vtu3htt.jpg

So, after 7 days dry hopping, I decided last night that is was time to bottle. Measured out 37g of brewing sugar and dissolved that into 250ml of warm water. Transferred the beer into the FV with the sugar before bottling up. Forgot what a faff it was sterilising bottles as well :lol:

So I managed to get 9 good bottles out of this. There was a little left over but not enough to be worried about and certainly not enough for a 10th bottle. These are now carbonating and conditioning for 2 weeks before transferring somewhere cold. My first microbrew is nearly ready to drink :thumb:

I'm hoping it clears over these couple of weeks as well as it is a bit hazy in there

0ZIjb7W.jpg

ctpXHvi.jpg

BIG2Tra.jpg

jvPoBeX.jpg

Looks good! Don't worry too much over haze. You're not going to give a damn if the taste is good.

Well, the proof is in the drinking....And I am VERY pleasantly surprised.....It is gorgeous :thumb:

Even the better half (who doesn't like ale) tried a bit and commented on how nice it was.

I think we'll chalk that one to a win :)

fG6g5MJ.jpg

up5G2Va.jpg

Latest posts

Back