job interviews

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i got a thank you no

apparently they were worried that i would leave within a month or so bored
so onwards and upwards.

congrats fella

I recently went for a job interview, 2 week back, and it was one of those, on the spur interviews that just turn up.
I hadnt planned anything, my CV had gaps, so, i was just myself, i chatted about my work history from school, as i know it from memory.
They asked me why i left my last job, so, i was honest, i didn't like the managements tactics i said, after that we got on about beer and such, so that took another 30 mins just talkin about beer!!!
So, i left joking with the guy, and a week later i got the job, i start full time monday, but on friday when he gave me the paperwork, he said heres the job, by the way your being made redundant, as we are closing in september...i cracked up! lol

Least it's money till then i said!
just be yaself basically!

Titch said:
well i got a thank you no

apparently they were worried that i would leave within a month or so bored
so onwards and upwards.

congrats fella

sorry to hear that titch. better luck on the next one.

[quote="falafael", i start full time monday, but on friday when he gave me the paperwork, he said heres the job, by the way your being made redundant, as we are closing in september...i cracked up! lol

Least it's money till then i said!
just be yaself basically![/quote]

:rofl: good and bad news in the same breath , lol

i got 4 hours training on my job then im on my own as of my next shift, iv still got numbers and letters going round my head, aisle code, bay code((left or right), shelf code, product code, drop number, tote number, delivery time, scan count.

iceo said:
Titch said:
i got 4 hours training on my job then im on my own as of my next shift, iv still got numbers and letters going round my head, aisle code, bay code((left or right), shelf code, product code, drop number, tote number, delivery time, scan count.

I'm sure it will all come together 'on the night'!
I remember years ago when I was about 17, I got a job doing the deckchairs (bloody good money at the time), on the sea front at Teignmouth in Devon, (near Dawlish that's been in the news recently) and was told I had to remember everyone I sold a ticket to, as to keep asking for their tickets would become annoying as I wandered up and down the promenade. It's amazing what you can do when you have to. I remembered by mentally recording usually an item of bright or unusualy clothing one of the family had or something like that. Worked great until one morning it started off a bit overcast and everyone had jumpers and coats on, then the sun came out and all the things I had remembered had been taken off...nightmare. Mind you I never forgot the female topless bathers, even though they had no clothes on. :whistle:

So am sure you'll come up with a way to remember in time

i have a logic brain so it should be a easy once iv been there a while , the only thing that lets me down is my reading and writing (dyslexic i think )

Back