Johnson and Sunak to be fined over lockdown parties

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Chancellor Rishi Sunak will be fined by the police for attending parties during lockdown.
The Metropolitan Police have been investigating 12 gatherings in Downing Street and Whitehall alleged to have broken Covid rules.
So far, a total of more than 50 fines have been handed for Covid law-breaking in government buildings.
This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Chancellor Rishi Sunak will be fined by the police for attending parties during lockdown.
The Metropolitan Police have been investigating 12 gatherings in Downing Street and Whitehall alleged to have broken Covid rules.
So far, a total of more than 50 fines have been handed for Covid law-breaking in government buildings.
This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.
Hang the bugggers I say. After we've collected the fines to buy a couple of bottles of champagne!
:groupdancing::groupdancing::groupdancing:

They're royaly taking the pi55...the fine should be in comparison with their status...50k I recon AND a month in jail. That would stop the self serving gobshites smiling.

Yeah..like £50.
'snot the point squire. They're criminals and shouldn't be in office (or more likely in orifice if they follow in Cameron's footsteps). The only reason the fines are so low (and the Guardian suggests even £20) is because the Met know they'll only riffle the publicly-funded petty cash box. And why would they do that? because they're rotten through and through.
And I'm not talking about Johnny, here.

Summary
  1. Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Chancellor Rishi Sunak will be fined over lockdown parties at Downing Street
  2. Labour leader Keir Starmer says both men repeatedly lied to the British public and should resign
  3. The Metropolitan Police announced an additional 30 fines on Tuesday and Downing Street confirmed the PM and the chancellor received notifications
  4. The PM's wife Carrie Johnson has also been notified she will receive a fine
  5. The Met has been investigating Covid rule breaches in government during pandemic lockdowns

Lib Dems call for vote of no confidence in PM
Other UK opposition leaders have given their response to the fines.
Liberal Democrat leader Sir Ed Davey says: "This is a government in crisis neglecting a country in crisis.
"Parliament must be recalled for a vote of no confidence in the prime minister."
And Ian Blackford, leader of the SNP in Westminster, says: "Boris Johnson misled parliament, lied to the public and broke the law.
"He must resign or be removed from office. The prime minister’s position is completely untenable. There simply cannot be one rule for the Tories and another for the rest of us."

It did and some have been fines the problem for this lot is they made the rules ignored them then lied when caught.
It did indeed. Now let's hope the aforementioned ordinary, everyday people will rise up and winkle them out of their cosy nests and do the right thing by them.

Last edited:
Happened up and down the country everyday by ordinary people
Maybe, but BJ stood up in parliament and lied to the country and his colleagues on numerous occasions about many different issues

In any other job he would be dismissed

If e.g. a police officer or a nurse lied to their colleagues and bosses to hide their misdemeanours - they would just be sacked

This is not a trivial matter as it discloses his dishonesty and lack of any sense of ethics and morality

Maybe, but BJ stood up in parliament and lied to the country and his colleagues on numerous occasions about many different issues

If e.g. a police officer or a nurse lied to their colleagues and bosses to hide their misdemeanours - they would just be sacked

This is not a trivial matter as it discloses his dishonesty and lack of any sense of ethics and morality
He's a sh1thouse.

Vote Tory, get Tory

I hope all those labour voters who "lent" him their vote are happy with how that turned out.

The Independent -
Boris Johnson has pledged to earn the trust of Labour voters who "lent him" their vote to deliver a decisive Conservative majority in the general election.
At a victory event in London, the prime minister vowed to govern for the whole of the country after his party secured a landslide victory off the back of traditional Labour seats in the Midlands and the North of England
Mr Johnson said the stunning win gave him a mandate to deliver Brexit by 31 January "no ifs, not buts", as his decision to centre the UK's departure from the EU in his campaign was borne out at the ballot box.
It comes after a difficult night for Labour who suffered major losses in their traditional heartlands, and the Liberal Democrats, whose leader Jo Swinson lost her seat in East Dunbartonshire.
Speaking to activists in Westminster, Mr Johnson said: "To all those who voted for us yesterday, especially those who voted for us Conservatives, one nation Conservatives, for the first time.

Hi Ken i was just taking a general view, you are right he would be sacked he should have led by example

99EECFEE-30CB-4BB5-B55B-55B51C491528.jpeg
99EECFEE-30CB-4BB5-B55B-55B51C491528.jpeg

Boris Johnson has now given a statement.

He says: "Today I've received a fixed penalty notice from the Metropolitan police relating to a Downing Street Event on 19 June 2020.

"Let me say immediately, I have paid the fine and want to offer a full apology."

Going through the events of that day, he says: "There was a brief gathering in the Cabinet Room shortly after 2pm, lasting less than 10 minutes, during which people I worked with passed on their good wishes.

"At that time it did not occur to me this might have been a breach of the rules.

"The police have found otherwise and I fully respect the outcome of their investigation."

BBC

That hole is getting bigger he has still got the spade in his hand
"At that time it did not occur to me this might have been a breach of the rules".
How can he still say that he did not know he went on telly nearly every night to explain the rules.
to us
You have been caught take it and stop lying that you did not know

PM: I fell short in observing rules I set
Boris Johnson continues: "I understand the anger many will feel that I myself fell short when it came to observing the very rules which the government I lead had introduced to protect the public.
"I accept in all sincerity that people had the right to expect better."
He says he now feels a sense of duty "to deliver on the priorities of the British people" which he says includes "ensuring Putin fails in Ukraine and easing the burden on families caused by higher energy prices".
"I will take forward that task with due humility."

When you hear his reply it looks clear that Johnson and his cronies believe they are above the laws that we minions are expected to follow. I think his weekend trip to Ukraine was a planned distraction from what was coming.

The problem is if Boris Johnson and Chancellor Rishi Sunak go who will become leader would they (ignoring this cock up) do the job any better.

Latest posts

Back