Juicy Session IPA - Mangrove Jack's review

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Eight Ace

Reaction score
Seeing as I was short on beer and the pet bottle had firmed up, I thought I'd put one in the fridge to try. Wish I'd put more in the fridge now.

Given this has had less than three weeks I'm impressed. Decent head, translucent golden colour (again impressed given its less than three weeks and I solely cold crash, don't rack to secondary). Taste, bit of bitterness, smooth tropical flavour with a little maltiness at the start. Not blow your socks off tropicalness (that's a word now) but balanced. Very pleasant. Neither is it strong (I didn't take an og reading. Oops. But 4-4.5% seems right)

The kit is a Juicy Session IPA. That is exactly what you get. And within 3 weeks, I'd say that's a win.

Banbeer

Landlord
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kegged mine a few weeks ago and just drinking one now, second time brewing this and it's the best kit I've made.

Keenbutcher

Reaction score
Did any of you guys ever brew this with dextrose. In the current climate I found it hard to get beer enhancer so I'm gonna go with 1kg of brewing sugars instead, I know it's not 'recomended' by mangrove Jack's but surely it shouldn't hurt right.....

Banbeer

Landlord
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will be fine, maybe lose a bit of body and mouthfeel but the kit has a good foundation to start with.

GhostShip

Reaction score
Started mine off on Saturday. Took around 24 hours to get going but was fairly vigorous for a couple of days. Still bubbling away now but has definitely slowed. Looking forward to trying this one - will post a review in the fullness of time.

Keenbutcher

Reaction score
Seeing as I was short on beer and the pet bottle had firmed up, I thought I'd put one in the fridge to try. Wish I'd put more in the fridge now.

Given this has had less than three weeks I'm impressed. Decent head, translucent golden colour (again impressed given its less than three weeks and I solely cold crash, don't rack to secondary). Taste, bit of bitterness, smooth tropical flavour with a little maltiness at the start. Not blow your socks off tropicalness (that's a word now) but balanced. Very pleasant. Neither is it strong (I didn't take an og reading. Oops. But 4-4.5% seems right)

The kit is a Juicy Session IPA. That is exactly what you get. And within 3 weeks, I'd say that's a win.
Is that less than 3 weeks in the bottle or in total? Really wanna get mine drunk as soon as possible! 😉

GhostShip

Reaction score
Dropped the Citra hops in this morning. Going to switch the fridge to cold on Saturday morning and then bottle on Monday. It's really nice not to have to worry too much about work and being restricted to a Saturday or a Sunday for things like bottling. Looks and smells great.

parpot

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bottled mine this Tuesday, carbing up really well at the moment in the heat but clearing seems slow!

I will give it the two weeks in the heat and then move into a cooler area.

Banbeer

Landlord
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine's 10 days into fermentation and still going strong so will be a few more days until I dry hop. Smell in the brew fridge is lovely

TastyMcbrewski

Reaction score
Quick qu - Fermentation seems to have all gone to plan (smells and tastes fantastic) so I intend to bottle tomorrow.

I prime each bottle (500ml) individually and was planning 4g caster sugar per bottle - anyone foresee any issues with this? (Instructions only seem to indicate amounts for carbonation drops).