Just a quick hello

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone, like I say I've brewed before but only stuck to the rules (maybe added more sugar a few times) but I'd like to make an original beer and hopefully be AG brewing before crimbo, I'm sure you will all help me along the way at some point

Well this is the first pilsner I've tried, it's the Wilko one, I stuck to the rule book as I can never get lager types right, I've never messed around adding things, I might in the future

I'm just on my last few bottles of a Wilko Delicate Pilsner, I brewed it with 1kg BrewEnhancer, 70g dark brown sugar and a hop tea. They're gorgeous, chilled in the fridge they have a nice crisp bite to them and I'm drinking them far too quickly.

I'm just on my last few bottles of a Wilko Delicate Pilsner, I brewed it with 1kg BrewEnhancer, 70g dark brown sugar and a hop tea. They're gorgeous, chilled in the fridge they have a nice crisp bite to them and I'm drinking them far too quickly.
It's all good, I've been hearing about putting golden syrup in so I might put some in on my next brew whatever it may be

I take 40 - 50g of whatever hop I'm using that day (pellets are a lot easier to dispose of) and put them in a mesh bag and add them to 4L (3 1/2 L this time of year) of just boiled water and let them steep fo 40 mins with the lid on the pan and stir it up like a giant cup of tea a few times. Take the bag out and use the hot water to dissolve the contents of the tin in the FV and also to rinse the tin out. Ring the bag out into the FV to finish. I'm using lower % alpha acid hops so they add flavour and not bitterness.

I take 40 - 50g of whatever hop I'm using that day (pellets are a lot easier to dispose of) and put them in a mesh bag and add them to 4L (3 1/2 L this time of year) of just boiled water and let them steep fo 40 mins with the lid on the pan and stir it up like a giant cup of tea a few times. Take the bag out and use the hot water to dissolve the contents of the tin in the FV and also to rinse the tin out. Ring the bag out into the FV to finish. I'm using lower % alpha acid hops so they add flavour and not bitterness.
Seems like a good future venture for myself

Back