Just got hold of some 19l Cooler Bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dizidave

Reaction score
Been looking for some for ages.

Bottling my first batch of WOW this weekend, if its as good as im expecting ill get a 19l bacth on the go! woohoo

I know some people on here use the 19l bottles (the ones with the side handle), is there any limit to the amount of time you can leave your brew in them?

Ta.

I tend to only use plastic for short-term wines, up to 3 months or so, but I really can't see any reason why they shouldn't be fine for much longer than that.

Edit: I bought some mineral water last weekend, 5 litre PETs on offer, that has a 2 year BBE date.

In the UK we only tend to get cider and ‘budget Bitter’ sold in plastic, but on the continent you can buy spirits in plastic too, so I guess long-term storage would be perfectly safe.

I got me one too and its fine but the WOW i had in it and a subsequent bramble wine have made a terrible mess of the inside which is difficult to clean as the handle is hallow.

lots of vigourous shaking is required.

any cleaning tips would be greatly appreesh.

Neil

metalmickey said:
I got me one too and its fine but the WOW i had in it and a subsequent bramble wine have made a terrible mess of the inside which is difficult to clean as the handle is hollow.
Young's cleaner & steriliser, the stuff they sell in Wilkinson's, 1 tsp to 1 gallon and lie the bottle on its back, the cack just floats off before your eyes.

Latest posts

Back