Just had a bit :)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sc0tty81

Reaction score
Just had a little bit of my first brew, the youngs lager that came with my Xmas prezzy, it's had almost a week warm conditioning and I put it in the cold today, for scientific reasons (eagerness and excitement) I had to have a sample, and surprise surprise, it tastes like lager!!
It has a little bit of a rusty taste to it but its very drinkable already, I guess it's only gonna get better the longer I leave it and the more its chilled.
Happy days :cheers:

taxidiver said:
Patience young man.
Get another brew on. :thumb:

Haha I've had one fermenting since Sunday already :)
Because my brother bough me the kit, we planned to have a session on the first batch when it's done, I told him end of the month, best try not to sample too much in the meantime

"Lagering" a beer means to leave it in cold storage for long periods of time. If you want to get the most out of your lager, leave it in cold storage while you brew, condition and consume another brew, preferably something that wont take as long to condition ;). Come back to that lager in the spring/ summer and it'll blow you away.

DamageCase said:
"Lagering" a beer means to leave it in cold storage for long periods of time. If you want to get the most out of your lager, leave it in cold storage while you brew, condition and consume another brew, preferably something that wont take as long to condition ;). Come back to that lager in the spring/ summer and it'll blow you away.

This ones in the pressure barrel, it won't keep in there will it? Currently brewing more lager which will be bottled and stored for bank spring/summer

It would be fine, it just wont be very carbonated for a lager. I'd force carb it before your session, get it drunk and save the bottled one for summer. I need to get a Lager/Pilsener going for summer as well come to think of it. I really need to get some more bottles first though.

Same here, I'm out raiding the recycling tomorrow lol, I got a feeling this next lager is gonna be even better aswell, fermenting a coopers Australian lager ATM but I got much better temperature control over this one and ive curbed my enthusiasm and left it well alone to do its stuff :)

I think I'll have a session on the stuff in the barrel and fill it with an ale next, got a feeling this summers gonna be a good one :cheers:

Well done Scotty :thumb:

If you're happy with a Young's lager, things can only get better :cheers:

Moley said:
Well done Scotty :thumb:

If you're happy with a Young's lager, things can only get better :cheers:

Yeah that's what I thought, a basic kit following basic instructions, wouldn't say its the best drink I ever had but drinkable and worth having a session on purely cause its made at home,
Things can only get better :cheers:

Latest posts

Back