Just wrong?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m about halfway through the brewing process. I’ve been looking at ways to cut down Bottling and it looks like it may cut times down considerably (Bottling Tree, Bottle Rinser, Carbing Drops) Will have to let you know how it goes

Sorry bud. I found them all to be time suckers

For me it's the soaking in vwp/Milton then rinsing that takes the time. Though I've quickend that process by using an enormous bin like vessel that holds nearly all 30-40 bottled and tubing gubbins etc.

I do 10 at a time, syringing 5 ml of sugar water in each one with a 50ml syringe. I reckon bottling and washing up would take me <25 mins now if i went for it and you discounted the soaking rinsing part mentioned above.
I use a trub (big black bucket things that you can get at builders merchants and country stores).

Is there more time consuming faff than bottling? I am with @Clint
True. But I can't post a keg of beer for forum swaps. Or take it as a gift to my family. Or have 8 concurrent options with a keg. Plus, I don't have room for a keg 😂 (if I did I probably would have a keg setup!).

Bottling is a faff, but having bottled beer is less of a faff in some ways than a small keg setup.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back