Keezer build

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayk34

Landlord.
Reaction score
Im awaiting delivery of freezer to build a 4 tap keezer. I'm going to use an inkbird ITC308Wifi and 40w tube heater for the temperature control.

Where should the temperature probe for the inkbird be located.

1. Should it be dangling inside the freezer to get air temperature.
2. In a glass in water inside freezer
3. Attached to outside of one of the kegs and insulated.

Not sure about 3, as it would only get the beer temperature of one keg so depending on the age and when the beer has been added to the keezer it might need to be moved between kegs ?

Also if anyone uses this sort of temp control for kegerator/keezer what is the temperature differential you have gone for. For fermentation I use 0.3°C but this is probably overkill for a keezer ? Was thinking somewhere in the region 0.5-0.7° C

I asked the same question, as it feels like a tricky one. In my mind, I wanted the "air temp" to be controlled so that the kegs inside will gradually reach this tem, but I think that would result in mote compressor cycles, so I think maybe option 2 is the best compromise. I'll try and find the responses to my question and link them here.

I hope the build goes ok. For me, it made a huge difference having tem control of my dispense and the novelty has not worn off!
Thanks. I've only been kegging since Christmas. They are currently stored in an unheated garage so kept nice and cool but wanted to get the keezer ready for the summer weather.

Have worked out that I can't fit a tubular heater into the keezer horizontally with all of the kegs in it. As they cannot be mounted vertically, I am looking for a different solution to providing heat if required. I had thought of ceramic vivarium "bulbs" with a cage around it but not sure if there is any better option or if this is a good idea ?

I tapped my inkbird probe to a bottle of sanitizer water with the probe covered in a small piece of insulation foam. Temperature holds well however due to the nature of a Keezer, all three kegs have to be kept at the same temperature.
Any thoughts out there as to how the temperature between the kegs could be varied whilst keeping them inside the Keezer?

Latest posts

Back