Keezer Collar Fixing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghillie

Landlord.
Reaction score
Morning gents,

As with everything in home brewing - ask five folk a question and get six answers...

So almost everything is in place for the upcoming keezer build, just need to decide on how to fix the collar to the freezer?

Fixing the collar to the freezer is more for a good seal than anything else. A positive means to prevent warm air getting in and so it also remains in place if it gets knocked slightly. I am leaning towards thin strips of double sided sticky tape along the four top edges of the freezer and a bead of marine grade silicone between the collar and freezer top from the inside.

What's everyone's thoughts/experiences?

I'm going to use just silicone sealant on mine with caulk to finish around the edges. If you decide to use construction glue be aware that it will probably never come off ever again.

I'm going to use just silicone sealant on mine with caulk to finish around the edges. If you decide to use construction glue be aware that it will probably never come off ever again.
I'm going to put big castors on mine to get it to my BBQ area, that's why I went for something that wasn't going to shift.

I think the double sided sticky tape and silicone will be alright. I just don't want the silicone going mouldy, which I know will likely happen...

I'll go for it anyway. Worth a shot!

Latest posts

Back