Keg pressure for dispensing / Glasses of foam!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But recently I was made aware of purpose built valves made (in China) for an Australian bunch called "Kegland". So I ordered a couple, they are called "Blowties", via AliExpress to play with. At the same time I noticed some plastic secondary regulators based on the same design as the "Blowtie", so I got a couple of them (they were only a couple of quid) to play with too

Are these the badgers? Quite tempted to give them a go.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BLO...ESSURE-RELIEF-VALVE-HOMEBREW/32932675556.html

… Anyway, for what it's worth, not sure if you've seen this video which gives the non-calculator method of balancing lines. I might need to get some of those secondary regulators (to allow for different carbonation levels) and give it a go:
<snip>
Edit: my taps pour nothing like the ones at the start of a video. Oh to have my beer come out at that rate!!
No, yours probably doesn't pour like that. Because I guess you've foolishly missed out the vital ingredient: Black Magic.

I think @Drunkula had a decent policy in his earlier post: Taming dodgy flow controllers with one of the "black magic" methods (cutting out the black magic along the way). A good option if I can't get mine to work right that is. If mine can't work as hoped I'm committed now so I better start practicing some suitable chants just in case.

Are these the badgers? Quite tempted to give them a go.<snip>
Not sure about badgers, but Kegland do comment that they may have made a mistake with the name.

I've got a couple to try out with low-pressure transfers. For spunding valves you could try the method I use (mentioned in a post of mine about here); you said you're looking for secondary regulators earlier so my method would "kill two birds with one stone"?

These are the regulators this thread blags on about:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/IN-...8.0&pvid=0cc9f302-86f9-430f-895a-42a9f74e753b
You can see the similarity with the "badger accessories". But I wouldn't trust them as secondary (gas) regulators.

Not sure about badgers, but Kegland do comment that they may have made a mistake with the name.

I've got a couple to try out with low-pressure transfers. For spunding valves you could try the method I use (mentioned in a post of mine about here); you said you're looking for secondary regulators earlier so my method would "kill two birds with one stone"?

These are the regulators this thread blags on about:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/IN-...8.0&pvid=0cc9f302-86f9-430f-895a-42a9f74e753b
You can see the similarity with the "badger accessories". But I wouldn't trust them as secondary (gas) regulators.

Thanks for the link.

Was thinking of getting some of these for the wet side and some gas regulators for the air side. Ultimate control basically.

For what its worth, no science involved, I recently brewed my first couple of lagers. They were much more carbed than my usual ale brews and were unpourable out of keg even with flow control taps. Today I snipped the 3/8 line and introduced about a 1.5m of 3/16 line with a couple of JG adaptors and it pours like a dream. The lager tastes rubbish mind.

Latest posts

Back