Kegland soda stream refill attachment

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elliott 22

Regular.
Reaction score
Any ideas how I can attach to my pub style co2 bottle?

Attachments

• 4081E851-1381-47AF-B76B-5EBE465FEAAB.jpeg
    4081E851-1381-47AF-B76B-5EBE465FEAAB.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 7FA258F5-661D-407A-B165-0AA58AF661BA.jpeg
    7FA258F5-661D-407A-B165-0AA58AF661BA.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 54
Not sure, but what I do know is that unless your main canister has a diptube (like some fire extinguishers) you'll need to turn the bottle upside so that the liquid co2 will go into the sodastream canister - not just the gas. Good luck!

There's a bit of a procedure to getting these to work - freezing to soda stream bottle, inverting the donor CO2 bottle, slow start, and so on- I gave up in the end. I hope you have better luck.

There's a bit of a procedure to getting these to work - freezing to soda stream bottle, inverting the donor CO2 bottle, slow start, and so on- I gave up in the end. I hope you have better luck.
How’d did you manage to attach

That looks like the adapter that you put on your sodastream bottle so that you can attach a normal regulator. ( deluxe version )

If you want to refill your bottle you need this one.
Sodastream Cylinder Filling Adaptor (Refill Fill Station) with Bleed Valve
Note you do need the non aus sodastream thread one though.

Best to do when the donor main CO2 cylinder is full ( better pressure ), freeze the sodastream cylinder, wear gloves and follow the advice on the video and webpage.

Most beer CO2 cylinders dont have a dip tube ( you can normally hear a dip tube if you shake cylinder side to side it clangs around a bit like a bell clapper.).

So you would need to invert your CO2 cylinder.

It does attach to my soda stream bottle is is the correct one, the problem is how do I connect it to my gas bottle as the thread is the same as the gas bottle?

That looks like the adapter that you put on your sodastream bottle so that you can attach a normal regulator. ( deluxe version )

If you want to refill your bottle you need this one.
Sodastream Cylinder Filling Adaptor (Refill Fill Station) with Bleed Valve
Note you do need the non aus sodastream thread one though.

Best to do when the donor main CO2 cylinder is full ( better pressure ), freeze the sodastream cylinder, wear gloves and follow the advice on the video and webpage.

Most beer CO2 cylinders dont have a dip tube ( you can normally hear a dip tube if you shake cylinder side to side it clangs around a bit like a bell clapper.).

So you would need to invert your CO2 cylinder.

Attachments

• A9D0CC1B-820B-463C-81F1-26EBD6C5115D.jpeg
    A9D0CC1B-820B-463C-81F1-26EBD6C5115D.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 46
It does attach to my soda stream bottle is is the correct one, the problem is how do I connect it to my gas bottle as the thread is the same as the gas bottle?
What you need is a female to female straight adapter tapered thread. Don't invert the gas bottle that is dangerous practice I believe Keg Land has been informed by H&S for advocating this.

No it isn't.
That is the connector that goes on your sodastream bottle that allows a regulator to fit on it. Hence it has a male end the same as the big cylinder.
You need a female end that will fit on the sodastream ( same as currently ) and a female thread on the other end that will fit on the big cylinder. See my link the adapter is different.
Not sure how you will get the liquid CO2 out of a cylinder with a top exit unless it is inverted.

Hence reason for fire extinguishers having dip tube so you can hold them upright and spray CO2 on fire.

Back