KenRidge Showcase Amarone Wine Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will-o-the-wisp

Reaction score
I'm making a wine using a KenRidge Showcase Amarone Wine Kit. I started it on the 26th June and left it in the primary for 9 days. The kit comes with a lot of oak sawdust, 2 packets. The size was like the Youngs packet of sawdust only a little bigger, it seemed a lot for a 23 litre kit but I know this is an oaky wine. Not much sediment or yeast dropped out so, ignoring the instructions, I left it in the secondary for almost two months before racking again. When I did rack I added the K-meta, as per instructed, but left out the finnings such as Kieselsol because I plan to bulk age and let it clear on its own, over time, so I did not see the point in adding them. This is supposed to be a 6 week kit.

Its been bulk ageing for two weeks now, I will keep checking for sediment, but I will leave it for at least 12 months. I tasted it when I last racked it and it tasted fantastic, even at that point. The wine was almost black in colour with a strong fruity, black cherry, vanilla, oak taste and smell, almost like a port. It actually reminded me of a dried elderberry wine I make almost every year, which is also very strong and port-like and my favourite wine, which is why I chose the Amarone kit. I think this is a great kit for anyone who likes really heavy, thick wines that borderline port types.

My last kit was the Beaverdale Rioja wine kit, which is supposed to be a heavy bodied, although it was very nice, it did seem to lack body but it was a cheaper kit compared to the KenRidge.

I am confident the KenRidge Amarone will be an a amazing wine, I just have to try and resist sampling it too early.

Ive brewed the KenRidge showcase Amarone many times over the years and never been disappointed! ive even brewed it in the grape skins kits and its even better. I recently stumbled upon a 100% 23L fresh juice version of the Amarone which comes in a bucket! ive bought it and going to brew it in the new year. Im excited! its called 'Original all Juice' by Mosti Mondiale deffo worth a shot! :thumb:

Latest posts

Back