King keg / dalex tap connections

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick9one1

Reaction score
I'm planning on using my full size fridge to house 2 cornies for Lagers and a king keg for ale.
Currently I only have the fridge, 3 dalex taps and a King keg. I would like to know the correct fittings for the KK and Dalex taps.

I just need to clear up some connection sizes.
1. I believe the dalex taps take standard 3/8 beer line?
2. Is the KK tap spout 1/2"? and people have jubilee clipped 1/2" line to the tap then used a 1/2 to 3/8 JG fitting to join the keg and tap?
3. Is the KK tap hole 3/4"?

Providing my dimensions are correct, I think the ideal solution would be this - 3/4" male bsp (to connect into king keg) with 3/8 hose tail (which will connect straight to beer line)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-4Bsp-x-3-8- ... 45fa02f450

The way I do it is use speedfit washing machine valves, these are 3/4 thread which screw into the keg ( with plenty of ptfe ! ) This way you can isolate your keg, then use a 90 degree piece of 15mm copper which will plug into your washing machine valve, the other side of the copper use clear garden hose and jubilee clip it to the copper and beer pump, works a treat for me

thanks, so the opening for the tap on the KK is definitely 3/4" ?

You said you use garden hose, which is 1/2" (I think), does this fit directly onto the dalex tap?

Yes your king keg tapping is 3/4 sorry I didn't read your post in detail, I have a beer pump so that's how I do it, you should get one for your ale out the king keg, the perfect pub pint in your own home!! I'm sure it would be better than messing with a dalex on the king keg setup

Back