King keg s30 valve when adding gas leaking

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa Thornhill

Reaction score
Hi
I've got a king keg with s30 valve and when adding gas this leaks. The keg is in a cold place. When I added gas earlier beer was good, gone to it a few hours later and no beer so added more gas. Gas escaped straightaway. Can anyone help.
Husband put gas cylinder in fridge could it be too cold.

If the lid or the valve are not tight enough gas will leak, or if too tight the rubber washers can get twisted and gas will leak

The wonders of rubber band technology. The S30 valve/thing is the Achilles heal of the pressure barrel! My advice (for what it’s worth) bin the S30 valve and replace with a proper check valve and pressure relief valve.

Hi
I've got a king keg with s30 valve and when adding gas this leaks. The keg is in a cold place. When I added gas earlier beer was good, gone to it a few hours later and no beer so added more gas. Gas escaped straightaway. Can anyone help.
Husband put gas cylinder in fridge could it be too cold.
Hi Lisa , you may find the actual top of the barrel is uneven from the factory . Sand the top down flat with a very fine sanding paper , put vaseline on . Remove rubber ring and smear Vaseline around that , replace and screw on . The ring should now be seated on properly and sealed . I did this to my three leaky barrels and it cured it . Fitting a schrader valve is also a great way of pressuring the barrel up to test it before putting beer in .

Latest posts

Back