Kit recomendation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braufather

Landlord.
Reaction score
i usually brew all grain and have never used a kit before but because of time constraints want to try one.

A simple pale ale that can turn round quick should do the trick, any favorites out there? any standard go tos?

Coopers Aussie pale with some carapils , wheat dme & pale dme & hop tea of your choice then bang in a load of dry hops if you like. Easy , smooth & quick.

woodfordes werry 2 can kit, I split the one I did added 500g medium dme and 500g sugar one with challenger the other with citra I used 2 packs of kit yeast in one and the other hog norst, 80 pints for about 30 quid 37p a pint, both are good with no twang or off flavour, 2 week ferment 4 day dry hop 3 day cold crash about 8c in the shed 90-100g sugar each for secondry in pb

If you are looking for a quick brewday pick a premium kit . All you need in the box. Youngs American and Festival kits are well thought of.
Otherwise if you want to have a bit of a play Coopers AuPA is a good base with DME/dextrose plus a grain steep, say 150g Crystal Malt, and a Cascade or similar hop tea prior to bottling .
And only if you like really malty beers would I suggest a Wherry. (sorry @Rodcx500z asad1)

No prob Terry, it was bought for me by swmbo so I just split it into 2 brews its turned out very nice the one with citra is the best, I suppose if you did as is it would be malty I don't mind a malty beer athumb..

No prob Terry, it was bought for me by swmbo so I just split it into 2 brews its turned out very nice the one with citra is the best, I suppose if you did as is it would be malty I don't mind a malty beer athumb..
I only ever did three Wherries. The first one stuck in the days when Muntons, bless 'em, only gave you 6g of yeast, and then took ages to clear. The next one I did with a GV12 and was a little better. But so malty although I added an EKG dry hop. The last one I split and made two different beers with grain steeps and extra hops and the separate yeasts. Still wasn't impressed. But I thought they all had the dreaded twang. And I found that with all the Muntons kits I did, so stopped doing them. In the end I stayed with boosting Coopers one cans but If I were still doing kits I'd probably give the Mangrove Jack kits a try since most people on here seem to like them.

Good choice I’ve done 2 Young’s American ipa kits. Brilliant kit. I like more hoppage though , hence the coopers pale tweaks I do ! Enjoy acheers.

Latest posts

Back