Kits I Wouldn't Brew Again

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tinsel Toes - Bought 2 kits las year - Big mistake.
"A wintery dark ruby beer with sweet, fruit flavours and hints of Christmas pudding. A smooth fusion of roast malts with rich fruit characterstics ABV - 4.5%"

Not what I'd call a Christmas Ale. Had that thin watery taste. No feel. Just a hint of spice. Perhaps would have worked as a 4 gal/18l (5.5% ish) kit. I put the 2nd kit into Imperial Stouts.
Agree, very watery with little spice taste, don't waste your time or pennies on this one.

I made Cwtch...cloudy, over hopped (I always reduce the amount of hops it says,m and this was still way over), and nothing like the real thing.
Also, not found a decent cider kit ( I hate fruit ciders so will only try apple kits.) Night just try supermarket juice cider.

Tinsel Toes still not Red .

So far had 3 small 1/3 glasses of it and not struck on taste of it but time may enhance colour and taste , though it didn't with the CWTCH mentioned above

I wouldn't buy TT again. It's not Red and in fact paler than Wherry

I'm trying a St Peter's Ruby now having done it twice before and remembered it was reddish and tasted ok

Hopefully it will be my go to , but will still do an odd other kit looking for a Barnsley Bitter alike

I made Cwtch...cloudy, over hopped (I always reduce the amount of hops it says,m and this was still way over), and nothing like the real thing.
Also, not found a decent cider kit ( I hate fruit ciders so will only try apple kits.) Night just try supermarket juice cider.
I agree . I don't know if I did this correctly but should have reduced the Hops as it was far too bitter for me

I realised how bad it was when in Newport I went to Tiny Rebels Tap and had a couple of CWTCH and they were great

Latest posts

Back