Klarstein mash kettle- worth getting?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi
I also have a KLARSTEIN MASH TANK BEER BREWING thing
which my lovely wife got me for my birthday
right been trying to work out where to add the grain
on the bottom mesh plate or on the top one
as anybody got a link to a youtube viv on these
as I can only find it on the ace and bulldog ones
thanks in advance

Are you talking about the mash kettle or the full micro brewery with the recirculating pump and steel grain basket?

Ok didn't see your second post, you did mean the micro brewery.
I would say it would be the same as the Ace, Bulldog or Grainfather. The first mesh goes in the bottom of the grain basket and the grain goes on that and the second mesh goes on top of the grain for mashing.

Are you talking about the mash kettle or the full micro brewery with the recirculating pump and steel grain basket?

I have the full micro in the grain basket there is two mesh plates
one on the bottom is fix to the pipe the top just lift in and out
so where do I put my grain

that doesn't sound right to me
I been must of the day looking this up.
and nobody really know one way or the other
just hope someone comes along with the answer.by the weekend

been on this must of the night and still can not find out
look like another fine mess the wife have got me into
look like I maybe selling this and get one I can find out thing about it

right found the answer from another forum oops sorry guys but thanks for all the input I got
so grain goes on the bottom then the top plate which is used for when you are mashing and circulating the wort
then used for the sparging
many thanks once again guy

Put the mesh false bottom in the main tun with the two legs on. Put the other false bottom in the grain basket. The pipe screws into this false bottom.

Put the grain basket in the main tun and start brewing. You just need work out how to use the lcd display next.

when doing a rolling boil do I leave the lid on or not
or will the hole in the top be enough to let out the steam

Hi there,

Just resurecting this post as my home-made bucket boiler took a turn for the worst at the weekend. I managed to get 17l of stout into the FV but missed my mash temp and had to add boiling water to bring it up and also missed my OG. Had to boil on one element as well so it was not rigorous which didnt help. I *don't* think that any of the bucket melted into the wort though, so it should be drinkable. :-)

So, I have a choice - get new elements, plugs and a bucket and build a new boiler (works out about 1500CZK or £50) or stump up for the Klarstein or similar (around 4500CZK here which is about £150).

Looking at the Kalrstein I don't get how you sparge though? Without a second boiler I would still have to mash in my cooler rather than the Klarstein so it would free to heat the sparge water?

Any thoughts? I may post a new thread somewhere as well.

Cheers!

Have you seen this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078495RGZ/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 (it was mentioned in another thread just last week sorry I don’t know how to share the thread, I’m using the tap a talk app). This includes an inner bucket that you can rise up so that you can sparge. You would still need a second boiler for sparge water, but you could pick up a 15l stock pot for the kitchen job cheap enough.

Ive not (yet!) bought this so can’t offer a review, but it’s very tempting at only £50 more than you are looking at I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back