Klarstein Mundschenk

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it has handles
Yes! That is a pain on GF...

On strike water point, the alternative if you're going heavy on malt is to stop at intervals and recirculate a bit to make it looser! No need to heat separately.

What’s the GF got for £600 that this doesn’t for £177?

Smarter digital interface, ability to build and send recipes from App/Brewfather, set delays and start in morning evening as you see fit...

That's about it. Also comes with CF Chiller, reckon that if i was plumping for a system now and had GF money I'd go for Brewzilla G4 and pocket £150

Reckon that the mundschenk with a SmartPid retrofitted, a CFC would equal the grainfather or better it, recipes and profiles transfer from brewfather integration. Plus you'd still have change for a whirlpool fitting and a new fermenter or keg.
Reading the Brewzilla thread on the US forum I see a lot of issues with that.

Reckon that the mundschenk with a SmartPid retrofitted, a CFC would equal the grainfather or better it, recipes and profiles transfer from brewfather integration. Plus you'd still have change for a whirlpool fitting and a new fermenter or keg.
Reading the Brewzilla thread on the US forum I see a lot of issues with that.
What’s a CFC not Chelsea I assume.

Just bought one of these mundschenk copper ones. Hopefully a better experience than the last all in one system, a Vevor.
The one I got stopped working after a 15 minute boil.
I thought I was onto a good thing and had gotten a similar machine to klarstein's but by a different brand. Purchased through Amazon due to an included hop spider and chiller.
Thing is I somehow hadn't realised you need to click the discount on the klarstein site for the discount to apply. So I thought they were pricey after discount compared to the one I ended up getting.
Basically I paid £249 for a similar but lesser quality? product on the basis of a couple of free bits.
Not priced these themselves, but do recon I could've bought the mundschenk along with the chiller and spider for roughly the same anyway.
Either way all I have wasted is time, as the seller has processed a full refund and said I could keep the broken item. So free chiller and hop spider for me, some potential spare parts, if compatible, and now a hopefully much more reliable product to allow me to progress further into the brewsmithing art.
Thanks to this forum, cause if I hadn't been looking here I would never have looked at the mundschenk again.
I didn't want to fork out for your grain father's and other expensive ones and as I've never done an all in one system, I wanted to test the waters cheaply.
Mission accomplished, so long as this one doesn't fail on me, lol.

For all you new Klarstein owners, if your vessel does cut out at any stage (mine only cut out twice in over 15 brews) it is usually because of a burnt on wort above the element, and all you have to do is press the re-set button which is on the bottom of the vessel ,which can be a bit tricky when it is full ,but i always raised mine up the make brewing easier.

Just a heads up that although this offer was meant to end on 31 Jan, have just tried and the code still works, so still £176.99. Code is KS-SA2-LE5

I took advantage of this offer and it is arriving tomorrow, hopefully. I already have a couple of Malt Miller AG kits to brew, how are new owners getting on with it?

Mine arrived today, lol. It's almost an exact match to the Vevor unit.
The lid and recirc pipe is different but seats nicely on either, No clips for the lid on this one.
Don't know if the fault was mine during ordering, but the one I got has an EU plug. It's not a big problem as I've ordered an adapter off Amazon that'll be here tomorrow.
The instructions are quite good, It looks very nice in the copper. That's all I've got just now.

I got the EU plug too - but having ordered from Germany, its no great surprise.
Planning my first brew this weekend - this one from GetErBrewed Italian Style Hoppy Pils *NEW* All Grain Ingredient Kit
Just trying to decide how to sparge, or whether to just do a full volume boil. I dont have another vessel to heat in, so I would need to heat the sparge in the klarstein, store it in a standard 23l bucket wrapped up to keep warm, then jug from there.

It does say on the Klarstein site that they will supply a UK adapter, but reading suggests that this is a bit hit and miss.

"To our customers in the United Kingdom: We have a stock of UK plug adapters in our warehouse. When we ship items to match, we will include them accordingly."

2 brews done on the new kit now & my brew house efficiency has jumped from 65% on my old Maischfest to nearly 80% on the Mundschenk!
Very smooth brewdays & will now look to see if I can use the recirculation pump for whirlpooling.
Would very much recommend taking the plunge for the price!

2 brews done on the new kit now & my brew house efficiency has jumped from 65% on my old Maischfest to nearly 80% on the Mundschenk!
Very smooth brewdays & will now look to see if I can use the recirculation pump for whirlpooling.
Would very much recommend taking the plunge for the price!
There's no filter on the pump, so hop bags/spider a must

There's no filter on the pump, so hop bags/spider a must
Yeh I already use a spider so it's just the break material I'm worried about but it seems the Brewzilla is set up to whirlpool & seems to be basically the same bit of kit.

I've picked up a basic 12" bazooka from ebay. It's seems a bit coarser than the stock one so hopefully won't clogg as much. Will write up my brew day this weekend with a few pics.

Mine arrived today, lol. It's almost an exact match to the Vevor unit.
The lid and recirc pipe is different but seats nicely on either, No clips for the lid on this one.
Don't know if the fault was mine during ordering, but the one I got has an EU plug. It's not a big problem as I've ordered an adapter off Amazon that'll be here tomorrow.
The instructions are quite good, It looks very nice in the copper. That's all I've got just now.

Not just replace plug with UK one?

Last edited by a moderator:
It would definitely be safer to just replace the plug, but not sure whether that would affect the warranty. Is it a plug in cable, or permanently attached?

Latest posts

Back