Klarstein Mundschenk

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would definitely be safer to just replace the plug, but not sure whether that would affect the warranty.
Yeah, i didn't do this for exactly this reason. Bought an adapter for about £2.50 from CPC, luckily I was already making an order.

I saw a video of this machine being used and a second person was required to insert a support ring for the grain basket when it is raised.
Is this still the case?

I saw a video of this machine being used and a second person was required to insert a support ring for the grain basket when it is raised.
Is this still the case?
No, it has supports to insert the basket when it is raised

Attachments

• 1675426548112496745664935362177.jpg
    1675426548112496745664935362177.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 0
When mashing, is there a need to add the ~5L of space below the malt pipe to the calculated mash water volume? Even if circulating the water?
The deadspace is a massive 7l btw, just measured. Kinda makes it hard to do smaller mashes, and limits efficiency as not much sparge water.

Warranty was my concern. The plug Isn't a removable job so would have to chop the cable. The adapter itself has a 13 amp fuse and encloses the whole plug. I don't think it'll be an issue. The pump was a concern also without a filter. The last all in one that broke had a right angled bar that fitted into the pump hole to avoid all the **** at the bottom of the vessel. It doesn't fit nicely though.

I bought mine direct from China 2017, that was the early model where it din't chime and went straight to the next step without waiting for any buttons to be pressed.
Here are some tips I can pass on.
I evolved with the vessel and the tweaks I did to it. Biggest thing to look out for is always check for any tap leaks from behind the tap. This is what eventually killed my first one when water got onto the board. Preventative measure is a bead of silicone around the grove below the tap or just keep the tap under observation.
Mash at around 15-1700 w to avoid scorching the sugar to the base above the elements. Don't think about putting any sort of filter over the pump inlet, the reason so as to let any grain husks which has slipped between the tube and the body to be pumped back out onto the grain bed.
Make a pick up tube for the tap outlet, use the bazooka on top of the overflow pipe. Once confidence has risen remove top plate and overflow pipe, I have my top and bottom plate down the bottom and secured in position.
I started doing full volume mash so used all-thread as the handle which raises the tube an extra 10mm. Try and use the unit in a raised position so you can empty from the tap, pumping the wort out isn't such a good idea.
Even if you just remove the top plate try and stir every 10 minutes to break up the grain removing hot and cool spots in the mash. Only need to do this until the starch has converted 30 minutes at most.
Insulate the unit and return pipe to keep a stable temperature. Temperature shouldn't move anymore than 0,8 degrees either way.
A good whirlpool and you won't need hop bags or spiders, the hop matter will be left in the kettle with the break material.
Just a bit of patience before drawing off clear wort into the wort into the fermenter.
001.JPG
004.JPG
006.JPG
004.JPG

Last edited:
What if we sank a filter over the pump inlet just before adding whirlpool hops? E.g. like using one of the circular mesh plates from the malt pipe? Is the diameter of the mesh large enough to cover the inlet no matter where it lands?

I'd like to use the bottom drain to transfer from instead of the tap so don't lose any wort, it would probably be over a litre wasted.

What if we sank a filter over the pump inlet just before adding whirlpool hops? E.g. like using one of the circular mesh plates from the malt pipe? Is the diameter of the mesh large enough to cover the inlet no matter where it lands?

I'd like to use the bottom drain to transfer from instead of the tap so don't lose any wort, it would probably be over a litre wasted.
What is left in the kettle pour into a jug, place jug in the fridge everything will settle out, pour into saucepan take up to 80C either cool it and add to fermenter or bottle it.
001.JPG
002.JPG
You wont waste a drop, make starters with the bottled wort or add to another brew.

You can also get another £10 off via the Klarstein website if you sign up for their newsletter
I tried that with the basket open in 2 tabs and then enter each code in each tab, it fails with "Combination with vouchers of other series is not allowed."

Latest posts

Back