Klarstein Skal - Not Pouring Beer Correctly

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkyduigs

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've recently purchased a new Klarstein Skal beer dispenser, but have been having issues getting it to work correctly.

When I pull the tap, I get about 200mls of beer, at a slowish rate into the glass, and then it stops. I then have to wait about 30 minutes with the CO2 knob turned to + to get roughly the same amount of beer out again.

I've changed to a new keg, changed to a new CO2 cylinder, but with the same results. I've fully taken apart all the tubing and dip tubes and can't see any blockage on the beer side of the tubing. I've pushed the valve on the CO2 side of the mechanism and have good flow of CO2 with the knob turned to +.

It does seem to have restricted flow on the CO2 side of the dip tube, so I'm guessing maybe this is where the problem is.

Has anyone had the same issue? I've contacted Klarstein in the UK, and all they've offered is to take the unit back and give me a refund - I don't really want to do that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
Brian

Hi there just found your post. I have exactly the same problem. I have tried everything to rectify it but to no avail. It’s a problem with the CO2 head not feeding gas through. It’s worse because I’ve had terrible customer service from Klarstein they won’t sell me the part that needs changing despite I’m willing to pay !! Wasted machine so annoyed mate

Back