Labels

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deesloop

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can ger cheap generic (blank) wine labels?
I just wanna write whats in the bottle rather than make jokes about Elf **** or Big Coq's
Plain white that I can write on then they can be peeled off (and binned) when re-used

Thank you

My wife uses 'sticky chalkboard lables' to put in most of our jars and bottles - you can write on them with chalk but we use chalk pens. Clean off easy when the contents changes in the jar/bottle. We got a roll of 100 or 200 for less than £5 delivered, can't tell you from where, amazon no doubt.

Last edited:
I use adhesive Matt vinyl decal, I have a surplus because I cut decals on a plotter.... I bought a 3 pack of liquid chalk pens from China for £1.19.
It can't get any easier or cheaper!
IMG_20221128_134712.jpg

You can buy a couple of A4 sheets, or a 5m roll that'll last a lifetime of bottles, easy to remove, liquid chalk dries on great and removes with a damp wipe.
IMG_20221128_143045.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Think the cheap n cheerful freezer labels with content & date on it will do.
Either that or I have to start making less so I can track more easily

I write on my wine bottles with a white glass pen marker. As I don't handle the bottles once they are in the cellar, it doesn't rub off
Once I've emptied the bottle, quick wipe with a damp cloth and it's gone!
I think it was about £1.50 on amazon

I write on my wine bottles with a white glass pen marker. As I don't handle the bottles once they are in the cellar, it doesn't rub off
Once I've emptied the bottle, quick wipe with a damp cloth and it's gone!
I think it was about £1.50 on amazon
And if the contents of the bottle are dark, use a chalk pen. (We do this for writing the "drink by" dates on the necks of the wine we buy so we can organise it in the wine rack)

I adapt templates from the Beer Labeliser website, print them, cut them out and stick them on.

Attachments

• BEAFECD6-D032-4171-8AC0-C5194B8DA729.jpeg
    BEAFECD6-D032-4171-8AC0-C5194B8DA729.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back