Latest Grainfather prices

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Robobrew along with various other similar rebadged Chinese systems are aimed at the budget end of the 'all in one' market, whereas the Grainfather is mid market.

The main functional advantages of the GF are the counter flow chiller (as opposed to the RB's immersion chiller) and the Connect control box, with bluetooth connectivity, which allows you to build a recipe online, then send it to your GF via your phone or tablet, the controller is also mounted in a more convenient position than the RB's which is 3 inches off the ground. The GF also has good support service, with tips, advice and recipes, I also think it is aesthetically a nicer looking unit.

The RB has carrying handles and a false bottom, which the GF lacks.

I have been a Grainfather owner for two years, so I'm not totally unbiased. Owners of both systems do recommend their units, which to me says that both are good.

As above. I still went for Robobrew, because:
- price - paying extra £300 for counter flow chiller and Bluetooth connect wasn't worth it for me
- support is done by reseller rather than producer - for me Angel Homebrew and Paul is brilliant, I heard that GF is not owned anymore by same people who developed and support is not as good as it used to be
- comparing to other Chinese similar products, this one is branded by Kegland and they produce other really good kits,
- David Heath in his comparison video mentioned that Robobrew was more accurate than other similar products

I had it now for more than 6 months (no so long) and I can't really fault it, works much better what I had before and it is very easy to use and maintain.

If I had lots of money I would possibly got for GF.

For grainfather connect....

If you’re planning on getting a water heater and fermenter, then Get Er Brewer have the GF connect for £670, and you get 20% off heater/fermenter/stirrer too, AND a free grain kit worth about £30.

they’re already good prices . They’ll ship it pretty quick if it’s a big order too. Hope that helps .

I took delivery of mine a few days back. About to set it set up and cleaned ready for first use !!

Not that i can find, the guy who was selling one is radio silent so presume thats a dead end (and he is miles away), shame as the extras look great.

Best i can find is £675 minus the 5% discount with Brew2Bottle so far
Hey all, just about to pull the trigger on a Grainfather Connect so wondered if anyone had seen any bargains out there recently (still kicking myself on the black friday price)?

Many thanks

Andy
I have a G30 Connect for sale which has hardly been used. Message me if you’re interested.

Back