Learned a couple of tricks..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littonlad

Reaction score
that seem to work so might be useful to others.

1: When racking from a PET DJ I stand the DJ in a large mixing bowl the day before so it sits at about 45 degrees and is quite steady there. The sediment then settles in the bottom 'corner' making it easier to get as much as possible of the wine out.

2: Filtering. Wasn't convinced about the necessity of this once siphoning was mastered but anyway I tried using a coffee machine filter paper in a tupperware funnel stuck in the top of the receiving bottle. Seems to have worked perfectly and mucho cheaper than buying the proper job. I'm a skintflint I know but it amuses me to do things like this I have far too much time on my hands.... :D

Hope this is of use.

littonlad said:
that seem to work so might be useful to others.

1: When racking from a PET DJ I stand the DJ in a large mixing bowl the day before so it sits at about 45 degrees and is quite steady there. The sediment then settles in the bottom 'corner' making it easier to get as much as possible of the wine out.

Sounds good Ive built a tilted racking box that sits about 45 degrees and it works really well

Latest posts

Back