little experiment

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lampie

Reaction score
I saw this vid on youtube where a someone used raisins to make yeast. ofcourse I had to give it a go and see if I can use this yeast to get a WOW going :).

The proces is very simple, take a clean jar and i put in some hot water and put in 2 tsp of sugar in. Dropped in a hand of raisins and put the lid on and gave it a good shake.

Gave the jar a daily shake and this was the result after 7 days. The raisins floated to the top of the liquid and there where some bubbles forming.

so time to put some juice in a bottle and put in the liquid from the raisins in the juice.

I used forrest fruit juice with some white grape juice.

The fermentation looks good all the sediment floated to the top and the next day got some bubbles :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... r1Gl8_yEC0

Now the hard part and wait for a few weeks till I can have a taste

I will keep this updated and after the taste test will do a side by side experiment. One with dry yeast and one from raisins to see if there is a difference in fermenting and tasting :).. But it has been lots of fun just getting this far :)

Latest posts

Back