Long fermentation of ag

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mead1ntyneside

Reaction score
Hi, I set away my first AG Saxon Honey Ale on the 4th, 14 days ago, I don't have heat belts or any temp regulation equipment as yet but tried to keep the temperature of the room at around 20 degrees. I'm still getting the odd bubble from the airlock about every 20 seconds or so. Will this be safe to bottle now or should I wait? My OG was 1.050 I'm sterilizing my kit now and should have the current Gravity pretty soon if it helps any.

This is where your hydrometer is the most useful Take a reading now and again in a couple of days if readings are the same you can bottle.

Hmmm, My hydrometer readings are at 1.000 now, can it go any lower than that considering it's at the same gravity as water? Gonna be a little cracker of an ale, at 6.6% abv :clap:

Yeah, It's sitting at 1.000. It's a saxon honey ale, a bit like mead but with less honey and Malt extract and crystal malt. It's a funny little ale but just had a taste. Bitter, sweet and dry lol

Latest posts

Back