Looking for Advice on Hop Additions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell Sim

Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking for some advice for using up hops I have left over that are starting to fill up my freezer. the grains I will be using up are 6kg Maris Otter pale ale, 500g Light Crystal (EBC 145-165), and 250g carapils malt using BIAB method. I have the following Hops pellets left over from previous recipes I have used from brewers friend but not sure what would be a good way to use them up.

72g Magnum 10.5%AA
62g Citra 11.5%AA
44g Northern Brewer 7.7%AA
30g Centennial 11.1%AA
26g Simcoe 12%AA
22g Mosaic 11%AA
22g Amarillo 6.6%AA
14g Cascade 7.7%AA

I am still new to brewing so not started to make up my own recipes yet. The Main style of beers I like is an IPA.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi
leave out the northern brewer and use in a separate brew.
Use the magnum for bittering not too much as with all the other hop additions from your list it can make it too bitter. Save half the citra for a dry hop and chuck the other half of the Citra, Centennial, Simcoe, Mosaic, Amarillo and Cascade in near the end of the brew. You could do with putting this into brewers friend and play around with the addition times I know you say you have not done your own recipe but give it a go until it looks right for you it is very easy and a good way to learn.
Cheers ave a go

Do you have some smaller FV's? Use the Magnum as bittering up to 60 IBU, then after boil split the batch, and dryhop with different hops in each FV. Could be interesting.
You're new to brewing but it's possible that you have a few demijohns lying around.

Latest posts

Back