Madeleine McCann

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I see that the Madeleine McCann investigation has been given a further £85k and the total bill currently sits at £11.1M.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-39246538
Its 10 years since the poor lass disappeared and my view is that sadly she will never be found, and if it has taken so long without a serious result, the chances of finding her kidnappers are negligible given the two police investigations (Portuguese and UK) and the McCanns own privately funded search.
I suspect the only reason the UK search is ongoing is due to pressure from the McCanns and a desire to satisify the media interest.
How many other enquiries into missing children are still ongoing after 10 years and at considerable cost?
Whatever your views are about the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, and the circus that has followed it, it must be time now to say enough's enough and close out the investigations, since it's surely now a case of chucking good money after bad? There must be other crimes with a higher chance of detection that could better use the money being spent.
And beware what you say cos the McCann's lawyers may come knocking at your door if you say anything potentially libellous.

I'm guessing that the police / social services "give up" on people all of the time, based on some criteria.

It is an emotive case (as they probably all are to someone) but eventually it is 'cold'.

Unless they know different?

As long as there is even a remote chance of any missing child being found, the case should be regarded as "active" and all leads should be followed up by the Police of whichever country is involved.

However, I offer the following extract from the NSPCC as my comment on other aspects of the case.

Official Definition of Child Neglect

"Once a child is born, neglect may involve a parent or carer failing to
provide adequate food, clothing and shelter (including exclusion from
home or abandonment); protect a child from physical and emotional
harm or danger; ensure adequate supervision (including the use of
inadequate care-givers); ensure access to appropriate medical care
or treatment. It may also include neglect of, or unresponsiveness to,
a child's basic emotional needs."

(HM Government, 2015)​

The criminal offence of Child Neglect has been an aspect of parenthood within the UK since The Children and Young Persons Act 1933 was brought into law.

References:

https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing...lect/neglect/legislation-policy-and-guidance/

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Geo5/23-24/12

Just noticed yet more stuff today.
A pattern is beginning to emerge.
It's every two weeks we get a new 'story'.
So the next one might be sometime soon.
Leading into a crescendo of renewed interest early May on the 10th anniversary of her abduction.
I'll bet the journos at the Mail and Express already have their columns planned. :-?
But I'm done now, even if they aren't. :thumb:

Spend the money on something that's useful or at least something that can be solved.

Spice, terrorism, burglary, fly tipping something that will give value other than to some sleazy papers.

aamcle

She's either dead or irrevocably lost to her parents. Move along.

I heard they are now saying they need to protect their family from the trolls on social media simple TAKE THEM OFF IT you do not need to live on Facebook/Twitter your life will not end if you stop using social media.

They really don't do themselves any favours, they may have done this for all the right reasons (all royalties donated to Madeline's fund) but the trolls that they are trying to protect their family from are already saying they are cashing in on their daughters disappearance.

'The decision to publish this book has been very difficult, and taken with heavy hearts ... My reason for writing it is simple: to give an account of the truth ... Writing this memoir has entailed recording some very personal, intimate and emotional aspects of our lives. Sharing these with strangers does not come easily to me, but if I hadn't done so I would not have felt the book gave as full a picture as it is possible for me to give. As with every action we have taken over the last five years, it ultimately boils down to whether what we are doing could help us to find Madeleine. When the answer to that question is yes, or even possibly, our family can cope with anything ... Nothing is more important to us than finding our little girl.'

Kate McCann

51hVw8RjSJL._SX318_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

It's every two weeks we get a new 'story'.
So the next one might be sometime soon.
Leading into a crescendo of renewed interest early May on the 10th anniversary of her abduction.
Looks like I was right. :-?
Its beginning to overtake the sustained interest in the death of Princess Diana.
And that was in Aug 1997.
So expect an outpouring on that anniversary sometime soon.

Terribly sad story, but I still believe the parents know more than they have let on. Some of Kate McCann's recorded interviews with the Portuguese Police are astounding in showing a complete unwillingness to help the Police in finding their daughter. None of it sits right with me.

As long as there is even a remote chance of any missing child being found, the case should be regarded as "active" and all leads should be followed up by the Police of whichever country is involved.

However, I offer the following extract from the NSPCC as my comment on other aspects of the case.

Official Definition of Child Neglect

"Once a child is born, neglect may involve a parent or carer failing to
provide adequate food, clothing and shelter (including exclusion from
home or abandonment); protect a child from physical and emotional
harm or danger; ensure adequate supervision (including the use of
inadequate care-givers); ensure access to appropriate medical care
or treatment. It may also include neglect of, or unresponsiveness to,
a child's basic emotional needs."

(HM Government, 2015)​

The criminal offence of Child Neglect has been an aspect of parenthood within the UK since The Children and Young Persons Act 1933 was brought into law.

References:

https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing...lect/neglect/legislation-policy-and-guidance/

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Geo5/23-24/12

Ditto Dutto:thumb:

Something just came on tv about them and my wife asked me why they have never been charged with child neglect.

Back