Malt Miller now using DHL?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately the last 2 orders i have placed with TMM have both been delayed by DHL 😬.
They are quick enough to pickup the parcel from TMM ( probably to meet their collection deadline) and you receive a text promising a next day delivery time slot that never happens) but then the parcel sits at their local depot for days on end (usually 5) with a promised delivery date that also never happens 🤔.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately the last 2 orders i have placed with TMM have both been delayed by DHL 😬.
They are quick enough to pickup the parcel from TMM ( probably to meet their collection deadline) and you receive a text promising a next day delivery time slot that never happens) but then the parcel sits at their local depot for days on end (usually 5) with a promised delivery date that also never happens 🤔.
Unfortunately there is no single answer to the delivery problem. We have a great Evri woman who is always cheerful and seems to get everything to us in double quick time. Our DHL guy is absolutely hopeless and means I never choose DHL if there's a choice. We've always had brilliant service from DPD but I got this email on the 23rd December from King Crab who are a good fish wholesaler in Grimsby, so it would seem that even DPD can fail:

Fz261qXCDOPXV1CJabTotiuVAdwhNpSXQF_O0owRgJSM0J8Fh8nzdV3ucXHvyZQjWJe0vqoxmjJatOr99DbC-11vPkcqMF31V9L1vam0QeFfp0TxmFpiszTIDOApYw_JVSESHKDdBVS4gAhiW3WqbGGF1Dm150Iv0oY=s0-d-e1-ft
A statement from our Managing Director to explain the struggles we've had during December regarding our nationwide online sales.

Our courier of choice DPD has caused us huge financial loss this December and hurt our proud reputation by not providing the service that we pride ourselves on. Please allow me to explain a little background to Kingcrab.co.uk.
My company Premier Seafoods has a fishmongers in Grimsby open to trade and public alike. In 2011 we launched our online arm www.kingcrab.co.uk with the aim of sending our quality products all around the UK. Over the next eleven years our online presence has grown year on year and is now a significant part of our annual turnover.

In 2020 Covid put the country on lockdown and our online home delivery sales went stratospheric. Christmas 2020 was an extremely busy time for us as everybody spent the festive holidays at home. The pressure was on but we got through it with flying colours. Last year Omicron had everybody, not ordered, but advised to stay at home and again our online sales boomed during December. Once more we shone and delivered to all that ordered.

We now know that working through a worldwide pandemic was a breeze compared to working with a courier, DPD, that imploded so spectacularly into a million pieces this year bringing our online sales to a juddering halt.
Although the damage cannot be quantified until the new year we know it's huge and we are so sorry for being unable to deliver your festive seafood this year if you was one of the people we let down.

We can honestly say hand on heart that we dispatched every single order that our customers paid upfront for.

DPD though through greed, non-existent management and a complete lack of accountability have not only failed to deliver our expensive perishable goods they have destroyed them at depots up and down the country. Fresh fish and seafood, in some cases caught only 48 hours previously by brave fishermen in wintery weather, has been dumped by DPD. The morals of the company have been laid bare by their unprofessionalism and complete lack of planning for December. Throwing away fit for human consumption food in 2022 is deplorable.

We work tirelessly to have quality seafood delivered to our door every morning at 06.00. Searching the ports of the UK, Europe and in some cases worldwide. Highly skilled tradesmen filleters cut the fish before my team pack and pack and pack until the entire days orders are in boxes ready for the road. We have only nine hours to process and pack ready for DPD's pick up at 3pm everyday. Everything is packed on the day prior to you, hopefully, receiving it. Our usual online workload is about 30 orders per day (approx 60 boxes) During every December we hit a glass ceiling of 80 orders per day (approx 200 boxes) A huge amount of these orders never got delivered. I've personally worked wonders procuring all of the fresh fish this month. My team, well, believe me they have worked their socks off to make sure every single order was ready and shipped.

We apologise for these orders not reaching you if you was affected.
DPD have let us down so badly it's hard to believe that they are a huge continental company. My own team of ten has put them to shame.

I wish you all a very merry Christmas and I sincerely hope that this Decembers disaster has not put you off ordering from us again. If you never received your delivery you will be reimbursed out of my own pocket.

Best wishes
Nathan

Nathan Godley
Managing Director
Premier Seafoods Ltd.
www.kingcrab.co.uk

The delivery networks are always stretched at Christmas due to the sheer volume of items being sent. The Royal Mail strikes this year have stretched it beyond breaking point for some couriers in certain areas. I'd say give people a bit of slack if their service has normally been fine but has been disrupted by abnormally high volumes this December.

I ordered some merchandise (after the TMM orders were placed) from Elusive Brewing via DPD on the 19th + 27th December.
Shipped on 20th Dec arrived on 21st Dec.Second one shipped on 28th Dec arrived on the 29th Dec.
TMM via DPD have never let me down,and a big thanks to Zahari from DPD.
DHL are terrible,just pleased i did not have any liquid yeast in either of the orders which would have been ruined sitting around for 5 plus days at their depot after the ice pack had melted.
Evri are even worse (probably the worst courier on the planet) cannot remember how many many parcels they have misplaced that i was supposed to have received and “signed for” luckily i have cctv and could challenge every single one that was “delivered”!

Hi,

Sorry for Amy delivery issues, did you contact customer service?
Just out of interest, since there a re few different courier options at checkout, why did you choose DHL over DPD? It will help us to adjust our shipping using feedback from customers.

Plus, yes, this "peak" period has been extremely tough for online retailers as the couriers have certainly had trouble, all of them.

Hi,
Yes i did contact customer service,and was told it was because all couriers are busy at Christmas time.
The reason i chose DHL for delivery is because it is the default (free) option for my order which was over £100,(i would never use them otherwise) when i looked at the DPD option it appeared as though i would be charged extra for using DPD🤔
It appears that DHL collect immediately from you,then i receive an app message saying they have my parcel for next day delivery,only for DHL to then keep changing the delivery day to a later date.Latest delivery date for my parcel is now the 3rd January,i will believe it when it finally arrives.

Last edited:
So I discovered in my area (thanks to Wilko) that Evri seem to be more reliable if you have the order delivered to the local parcelshop, but I cannot see that as an option on the Malt Miller website. Is that something that could be implemented?

As DPD is no longer free for orders over £100 I have reduced the amount I buy no longer seeing it as a good deal to go over.
That's a shame and I hadn't realised that DPD are not available as the free option.
I generally make an order over £100 to get the free delivery, but now do not have that incentive by the sounds of it.

Well I placed an order on Tuesday at 4pm and received it today less than 48 hours later via Evri.
I know Evri get a lot of stick, no doubt justified on some occasions, but service was great this time.

I know Evri get a lot of stick, no doubt justified on some occasions, but service was great this time.
There will always be employees that hate the company/job and don't give a toss about the service they provide its a shame they bring the reputation of their companies down as people rarely go out of their way to praise service but always do to slate it.

There will always be employees that hate the company/job and don't give a toss about the service they provide its a shame they bring the reputation of their companies down as people rarely go out of their way to praise service but always do to slate it.
I always leave feedback for my DPD driver via the app- he is brilliant👍

Didn't know where to put this so I'll put it here.

Just had a do with DPD. Was supposed to get a parcel today but I'm 100% sure he hasn't even attempted the delivery for several reasons.

Being me I wasn't going to let it drop because that's bang out of order, so I promptly complained to both the company I bought from and DPD (on live chat). Within 20 minutes I had a phone call from DPD apologising, saying she's spoken to the driver and doesn't know why he didn't come, but he's coming back. Still waiting at this point. What an actual dick. The driver's name was Firas if it should happen to someone else in my area.

I know they have a bigger workload than usual, but to make the customers suffer is not fair.

Latest posts

Back