Malt Miller now using DHL?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the free DPD delivery option for orders over £100 is not going to happen as previously stated back in January-it has now been over 2 months and still no option to use them without being charged extra.
Very disappointed 🤔

Looks like the free DPD delivery option for orders over £100 is not going to happen as previously stated back in January-it has now been over 2 months and still no option to use them without being charged extra.
Very disappointed 🤔

I am sure @borischarlton will set the record straight when he reads this.

Very disappointed 🤔
Hey,

Yep, I am struggling with it. Actually it is not just the technical implementation, which is proving tricky as the pricing structure is totally different from other couriers. We want to offer choice at checkout which is proven to be very popular but not to many choices as to make checkout overly complex. DPD also need to get them selves sorted out as their service is not where it was. As always, it is pockets over the country rather than across the board. Which is where the choice of courier idea came from.

Looking to buy a sack of malt and some other bits at the moment. I notice TMM has 1/2 price delivery with DHL if you spend over £65. A sack of Simpsons golden promise is £41 which is comparable with other suppliers and as they now sell Brewlabs yeast it's a win for me.

The basket defaults to the cheapest option, or at least it should in every situation.
DHL let me down last year with your deliveries on the 40oC days, said they would deliver on a day, did not, and my yeast went back to the warehouse... this year work sent me a laptop for delivery by DHL who claimed no one was in on two consecutive days when I was here there was no knock and no card left. It took 5 days to sort that mess out (so liquid yeast sat in a van for two days and a warehouse for 5 days in the current temperatures is not giving the best service to your customers).

DPD were always a good delivery service for me, the changes MM have implemented are an inconvenience and costly. I'm looking at my basket with 4 brews in it totalling £104 (prices are sky rocketing) and seeing the £6.65 dpd delivery charge is disappointing after a year.

I’ve had 2 MM deliveries this year via DHL with no dramas at all, I’ve also had items delivered via DPD for non homebrew items, again with no issues. I guess it is down to the individual couriers around the country whether they are good or not as good as others. Be interesting to know what the percentage of MM bad deliveries is against each one as opposed to delivered on time with no issues. My thoughts are it is probably low but agreed it’s extremely annoying if you are the one with a bad delivery experience. As for MM, can’t fault them. Good comms, awesome service and epic after sales assistance.

I guess it is down to the individual couriers around the country whether they are good or not as good as others.

Spot on, Evri get slated regularly in forums but we have had no problems with the guy that delivers here.

Back