Update to shipping options at The Malt Miller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borischarlton

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi,

This has been a while in development but we are now live with various different shipping options. Being firmly of the belief that the choice of how items are shipped should, as much as possible, be decided by the customer, we have done exactly that.
Now customers are able to choose between up to five different shipping options, depending on weight and location. This means if DHL runs a great service in a customers location this option can be chosen, if not DPD can be selected. DPD also have a wider area of "normal" delivery charges which will benefit some customers.
For lighter non urgent, non tracked orders we have RM 1st & 2nd class for orders under 2kg.
We have also introduced EVRI as an option for all orders under £100 and under 14.5kg. This is a tracked, signed for, 2 day service for £3.95. Yep, we fully know how some people feel about EVRI, this is why we have options. At no point will the only courier option be EVRI. However, this is a really cost effective option for some orders and if you download the app and add the what3words we have found the service to be very good.

I know we had some customers shouting when we initially left DPD. However, it was necessary to get to this stage where we are now able to add DPD back along with the other selections.

As always any feedback is welcome.

Cheers

Rob

Good to see an RM option added for small items. There have been a few occasions when I've forgotten to add something to my main order (usually a packet of yeast 🙄) and ended up having to buy it elsewhere as the £6 charge was more than the item.

Good to see an RM option added for small items. There have been a few occasions when I've forgotten to add something to my main order (usually a packet of yeast 🙄) and ended up having to buy it elsewhere as the £6 charge was more than the item.
Surely MM has always had an RM option for small orders?

Surely MM has always had an RM option for small orders?
They used to have it then seemed to drop it during the pandemic (probably because it became so damm unreliable for a while, certainly in my area you could expect two to three weeks for delivery on Royal Mail packages). Glad they are bringing it back though.

Hi,

This has been a while in development but we are now live with various different shipping options. Being firmly of the belief that the choice of how items are shipped should, as much as possible, be decided by the customer, we have done exactly that.
Now customers are able to choose between up to five different shipping options, depending on weight and location. This means if DHL runs a great service in a customers location this option can be chosen, if not DPD can be selected. DPD also have a wider area of "normal" delivery charges which will benefit some customers.
For lighter non urgent, non tracked orders we have RM 1st & 2nd class for orders under 2kg.
We have also introduced EVRI as an option for all orders under £100 and under 14.5kg. This is a tracked, signed for, 2 day service for £3.95. Yep, we fully know how some people feel about EVRI, this is why we have options. At no point will the only courier option be EVRI. However, this is a really cost effective option for some orders and if you download the app and add the what3words we have found the service to be very good.

I know we had some customers shouting when we initially left DPD. However, it was necessary to get to this stage where we are now able to add DPD back along with the other selections.

As always any feedback is welcome.

Cheers

Rob
Thanks for the update Rob - this sounds like a really positive step for people like me who struggle with the local DHL network but have a fantastic service from DPD.

Also good to see some options for cheaper postage for smaller orders; I always tend to group stuff into a single big order as much as possible but must admit I've previously gone elsewhere when needing a small item urgently as the £6.95 postage seemed disproportionately expensive.

Evri yeah right, first delivery from them arrived 20 minutes ago pulled up outside dumped it on the pavement didn't even knock and drove off, first class service it was only a toy for the dog but that is not the point, won't be using them again, m&s use them as and wilko

It makes you wonder when some delivery firms get consistently bad reviews how damaging this can be to the companies who use them that otherwise provide a brilliant service.

It makes you wonder when some delivery firms get consistently bad reviews how damaging this can be to the companies who use them that otherwise provide a brilliant service.
I have come to the conclusion that DHL is not really set up for residential deliveries. We use them at work and for deliveries to hospitals, schools, office parks no problem but delivery to private homes they seem to be utterly hopeless.

Evri yeah right, first delivery from them arrived 20 minutes ago pulled up outside dumped it on the pavement didn't even knock and drove off, first class service it was only a toy for the dog but that is not the point, won't be using them again, m&s use them as and wilko
The problem with EVRI seems to be that they are mostly using ‘third party contractors’ at home they are actually pretty descent it’s a women in her car who knows the local area, tends to know what neighbours will accept deliveries etc. and never had an issue.

At work we occasionally receive deliveries from EVeRI and they are pretty dire, it’s why I really do appreciate that Malt Miller is giving you the option of choosing your service, it your like me in an area where the EVERI courier is decent great save a few pounds and go for them, if they are awful you can go for DPD, or DHL whichever one works best in your area.

With free delivery over £100 can you select a courier of choice?
Not as yet but, this is why feedback is so good. We will look at it, DPD will be the premier courier so the free rate would almost certainly need to be higher.

Just used EVRi with my first MM order and as previous threads, it’s a good option when you have a good courier. Ours is really good and a few pennies saved to buy more MM goodies!

Back