mash in grain resting

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil1454

Reaction score
Hi,

Newbie question...

When mashing in and all mixed in.
Is it better to let the grain sit for 10 mins before recirculation is started or does it not matter ?

Ah right, well assuming it's like the GF I don't think there's any need to wait before starting the recirc. When I used to brew with a HERMS I noticed the mash would get quite compacted and the flow would slow way down if I didn't let it settle for a few minutes before turning on the pump, but with the GF grain basket setup that's not really an issue.

Ah right, well assuming it's like the GF I don't think there's any need to wait before starting the recirc. When I used to brew with a HERMS I noticed the mash would get quite compacted and the flow would slow way down if I didn't let it settle for a few minutes before turning on the pump, but with the GF grain basket setup that's not really an issue.

Yes I've experienced the same slow recirculation on the robobrew, even with rice hulls. So I am wondering if letting it settle was my problem.
Wanted to know generally what people do. But this seems to change depending on what the grain is being mashed in.

I don't know anything about the Robobrew so can't help, but I'm sure there are some who use it here.

Latest posts

Back