Mixed gas 60/40

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Litronix

Reaction score
Hi all
I am a new member and new to the world of Homebrew I have read quite a bit about it but maybe to much I like to be told and that’s it however I have at the moment a corny second fermenting at 22 got one week left I have at the moment got a co2 charger to prime keg and get rid of oxygen this is done not a problem I have a bar set up in my garden where( link below if you want to look )I use mixed gas 60/40 for my pumps , I am brewing IPA and that is what I drink now not lager can I use my mixed gas to connect to my corny or will the mix spoil my ipa I do have co2 regulators but no bottle as with all going on can not get one I can still use my little 16 gas chargers but would like to put on bottle any help would be appreciated thanks jason
Whitehouse Bar And Grill - Pub/Entertainment from Northumberland is an entrant for #shedoftheyear 2020 #shedpub

Homebrewers both carbonate and dispense using the same setup so use co2 only tanks rather than mixed pub gas.

If you naturally carbonate your beers in the keg by adding priming sugar then you could probably get away with using pub gas to move the beer from keg to tap.

I think you should however get a tank of co2 and then you can set and forget for a couple of weeks and come back to a nicely carbonated and conditioned beer.

Homebrewers both carbonate and dispense using the same setup so use co2 only tanks rather than mixed pub gas.

If you naturally carbonate your beers in the keg by adding priming sugar then you could probably get away with using pub gas to move the beer from keg to tap.

I think you should however get a tank of co2 and then you can set and forget for a couple of weeks and come back to a nicely carbonated and conditioned beer.
Hi thanks for that I am at the moment waiting for it to condition as I did put priming sugar in this will take 1 more week I don’t hold much hope for this batch as the **** siphon I used was bubbling and adding air when putting in to the corny but hay this is my first attempt only time will tell can not wait to chill down and put through flash cooler to my pump it’s only be

Latest posts

Back