Mixing homebrew and bought beers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pms67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:-o
I have to admit, now and again if I have a homebrew beer I am not 100% happy with, I will pour half and half with a commercial beer/lager.im talking half decent bought beers here,not Bud,Coors etc (although I would do this as well,it's just that I don't buy these anymore)
Works for me, anyone else admit to this or just me? :thumb:

In fact, forgot to say, I've just poured a Green Gecko from Lidl and an India Red Ale from Youngs, I now have two great looking and tasting pints waiting.
Would that be a Green Red Ale now or an India Red Gecko?????

I haven't tried it with commercial beer, but I do like blending my own when all my kegs are occupied and there's one I'm not happy with. It's great to experiment, especially for hop combos :thumb:

:-o
I have to admit, now and again if I have a homebrew beer I am not 100% happy with, I will pour half and half with a commercial beer/lager.im talking half decent bought beers here,not Bud,Coors etc (although I would do this as well,it's just that I don't buy these anymore)
Works for me, anyone else admit to this or just me? :thumb:
im afraid im guilty of doing it regular on the weekend just to water it down with the morrisons cheap bitter as I drink most nights of the week and double up the sessions on a weekend so weakening it gives my liver a bit of a rest :cheers:doing it now

im afraid im guilty of doing it regular on the weekend just to water it down with the morrisons cheap bitter as I drink most nights of the week and double up the sessions on a weekend so weakening it gives my liver a bit of a rest :cheers:doing it now

I thank you for your honest sir.
Welcome to the club, where one pint really means two :thumb:

I thank you for your honest sir.
Welcome to the club, where one pint really means two :thumb:

2u3w2zo.jpg

This doesn't really count but I added a five day old bottled Wherry :oops::oops:to an Indian Red Ale tonight,as soon as I opened the Wherry I knew it was a mistake but I wanted to see what potential it had, oh well, at least I didn't waste it.

haven't done this but sounds like a good idea f there's brews you're less than happy with.

A friend of mine keeps recommending a bitter he gets from Aldi for 89p this might make a good mixer. Plus for under a quid you get a drink and a good reusable bottle.

haven't done this but sounds like a good idea f there's brews you're less than happy with.

A friend of mine keeps recommending a bitter he gets from Aldi for 89p this might make a good mixer. Plus for under a quid you get a drink and a good reusable bottle.
I guess that Aldi cheap beer is banks bitter,not a fan of it at all,but like the banks mild

I guess that Aldi cheap beer is banks bitter,not a fan of it at all,but like the banks mild

Yep that's the one, I'll have to give that and the mild a go.

The plus point is I get all my mates used bottles and they're a good size + shape and super easy to get the labels off :thumb:

not something i have tried with my homebrewed beer but i do it all the time with my red wine kits as i like red wine "thicker" than kits tend to be

Back