Modification to a saison at secondary

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liam.k.b

Reaction score
Hey guys!

So I've recently brewed my first Saison, I was pretty reserved with ingredients.

Grains,

Pale malt
Vienna malt
Wheat malt

Hops,

Hallertau blanc
Motueka

And whitelabs 655 yest.

I wanted to try and keep it simple for the first attempt to try and understand the yeast flavours etc and was planning to drink at Christmas.

Yesterday I racked off in to secondary and tried a bit to see how it was doing. Tbh, it was okay... but just a bit bland and not overly impressive.

Before I bottle is there anything I can add to secondary that might give it a bit of a flavour lift ? Or am I too late ?

I did think about some dry hops but I'm thinking more spice / fruit...

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance!!

I don't see any reason why it won't turn out great, a saison really doesn't need a complex recipe. It's difficult to tell when sampling from the FV, it's going to be flat and a bit green, but with a little conditioning in the bottle it should really come alive. My advice would be to leave it as is thumb.

I think you're probably right, ill let it run its course and see how it goes! 🍻

I don't see any reason why it won't turn out great, a saison really doesn't need a complex recipe. It's difficult to tell when sampling from the FV, it's going to be flat and a bit green, but with a little conditioning in the bottle it should really come alive. My advice would be to leave it as is thumb.

Just sampled the beer, tastes great. Really glad I left it be. Good shout! 🍻

Attachments

• 20201219_181546.jpg
    20201219_181546.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 48

Latest posts

Back