Mosaic, Citra and Chinook?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chinook are fine for bittering. I think you need to make two brews here of 20-23 litres depending on the strength you want. The Golden Promise should give you about 1050 in a 20 litre batch and the extra pale, a little less. I'd bitter with chinook and use 50g each of Mosaic and Citra for late additions, say, 12½ g of each at -10 mins 12½ g each at flameout, 25g each dry hops for 3 days. In retrospect I think I'd use 2 Kg of each of the malts in each 20 litres and end up with a 40 litre batch of something quite lovely.

I don’t drink stout!!!!
I didn’t research it at all, swmbo was in Ikea in Edinburgh and I went to Brewstore for a “look” and one thing led to another.

Northern monk did a great dipa with Simcoe Citra mosaic & chinook , I’ve just tried to brew a similar ale, bottling tomorrow!

Funny I would have made a DIPL and dumped it all in except for the ale yeast. Chinook for bittering and 15 min addition and split the other two for flameout dry hop.

Latest posts

Back