Muntons Lazy Days IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Popped into my nearest Home Brew shop yesterday to get some Campden Tablets and they were having a bit of a clear-out so i came away with a Muntons Lazy Days IPA kit which was reduced cos the can was dented.

Just wondered has anyone brewed this? And what’s it like?

It’s a one can kit so not expecting anything exceptional but for the price it’s worth a punt.

Any suggestions on how i can pimp it up a bit? Does it even need tampering with?

Hey @Brewelder, I've just bottled a batch last Monday. I've never tried it before but I'll let you know how I go. I didn't add anything extra for hen brewing, I was tempted to add extra hops but couldn't get what I wanted. I'll let you know what it turns out like when I test in a week or so.

My next brew.
Been years for a kit, but couldnt resist lol.
Tq7CkiK.jpg

Aye @Jabber1 i thought PIMP it, but might not.
As usual i malways change my mind clapa
Bri

Hey @Brewelder, I've just bottled a batch last Monday. I've never tried it before but I'll let you know how I go. I didn't add anything extra for hen brewing, I was tempted to add extra hops but couldn't get what I wanted. I'll let you know what it turns out like when I test in a week or so.
Please do mate. I haven’t actually started mine yet due to being too busy, but should get round to it this week sometime.

halolow lads,
thanks so much.
Im waiting for my co2 reg n stuff to come,so i can co2 bottle the latest Cream Tropical Pineapple ale.
I'm toying with either make the batch from instructions. :confused.:
Ok kits are not that they were years ago, bit 30g of hops straight away as the instructions I'm not fond of that.
YOU just know im going to pimped it, and as im pressure FermZilla be rude not to play.
As you may know you can up the temp in the fermzilla & the overall time is reduced + no off tastes.
Im looking fwd to seeing what the can contents can do.
O2BoJNs.jpg

Hi @Brewelder / @Manxnorton
I've had a few of theses, I gave them 3 weeks before tasting. Really pleased with the result, nice tropical taste off them, very surprised with how good they turned out.
20221002_153930.jpg

hi m8 @Jabber1.
Even still green in the keg, surprisly ok lol.
Malt fwd With a innitial sweetness.
Hops was too bad either, but i love my hops so the 30g wasnt enough for my pallet.
Nice one, yeah if I was doing it again I'd go for more hops also 👌
I just got the Mangrove Jacks juicy session kits to start a brew this weekend 😁

Hi @Brewelder / @Manxnorton
I've had a few of theses, I gave them 3 weeks before tasting. Really pleased with the result, nice tropical taste off them, very surprised with how good they turned out. View attachment 75772
I’ve just kegged mine today and had a sneaky taster and was pleasantly surprised and should turn out very nice after a couple or three weeks conditioning in the keg.

Dropped this in the fermenter today. Used a 1l starter because 6.5g of yeast felt a bit stingy and I had some spare DME, so why not.

Anyone remember their OG/FG? Mine started at 1.050, which means to hit 5.5% it'd need to come down to 1.008. Not impossible, but isn't that t a bit low for the style?

Back