My biggest regret.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am starting this to move a couple of posts out of the positive thread.

Can we keep politics out of it, thanks.

Last edited:
On the down side the biggest thing i regret is selling the bike in my pic, i had it for 12 years rode it north south east west took it on the continent did 70,000 miles in 12 years, bought it when i was 52 after 18 years with out one sold when i was 64, positive side was it was 25 years old when i bought it 37 when i sold it, i touched every nut bolt piston wiring bearing up graded the ignition on it, Honda the power of dreams so so true R.I.P Soichiro You are a legend Soichiro Honda Biography - life, wife, school, son, information, born, time, year (notablebiographies.com)

On the down side the biggest thing i regret is selling the bike in my pic, i had it for 12 years rode it north south east west took it on the continent did 70,000 miles in 12 years, bought it when i was 52 after 18 years with out one sold when i was 64, positive side was it was 25 years old when i bought it 37 when i sold it, i touched every nut bolt piston wiring bearing up graded the ignition on it, Honda the power of dreams so so true R.I.P Soichiro You are a legend Soichiro Honda Biography - life, wife, school, son, information, born, time, year (notablebiographies.com)

CX500 - first ever bike with shaft drive I believe? I was riding Kawasaki’s at the time (1979).

CX500 - first ever bike with shaft drive I believe? I was riding Kawasaki’s at the time (1979).
And tubeless tires carbs turned in 25 degrees hence the name twisted v athumb.. the turbo's were honda's bussiness card you could not pick a worse engine to turbo with the uneven firing pulses, he was saying this is what honda can do, i once rode a 650 turbo they are good for 141mph not bad for an 86 bike, i bottled it at 130, met this guy a few time on rallys Turbo Tim Honda CX 650 Turbo at Shakespeare County raceway - YouTube When he lived here

Last edited:
You will understand this Rod I had a 1973 Kawasaki S2 350cc in Candy Red which I stripped and had in the bedroom "I know" and eventually was nagged to get rid - now worth £000's :(:(:(

Not just motorbikes anything like bikes, cars, pushbikes, sinclair spectrums and many more fetch good and sometimes silly money just because us silly old gits want to relive our youth:laugh8:

Not just motorbikes anything like bikes, cars, pushbikes, sinclair spectrums and many more fetch good and sometimes silly money just because us silly old gits want to relive our youth:laugh8:
And to nicely swing this back to the thread title, I regret giving away my old Raleigh Chopper bicycle when I was 13 having seen they are fetching in the region of £2,500 on fleabay today!,

Selling my Roland SH-101 in red with grip and Cat SRM II synthesizer. The step sequencer on the SH-100 connected to the CAT made some killer bass riffs. Selling My Yamaha cx5m synthesizer not so much.

They are both worth more than I paid for them even after inflation.

Not saving up for a Roland Jupiter 8.

Hm, I think that might be rather late. The first shaftie might have been the FN Four (1905). I've got an old Russian, which is shaft drive, from 1973 I think. The Russians used a previous '30s German design for that one.

I regret not having my Russian on the road right now!

You are quite right it was the first with tubeless tyre's
So that wasn't in the 1920s, then?

"I regret not having a motorcycle development thread here" :) to keep on-topic (although there are many similar all over the 'net).

Latest posts

Back