My Brew looks like a Bucket of Coke!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piemaster

Reaction score
I have made 3 brews before. Every time, during the ferment, they have exploded into a frothy frenzy in the first few days, then the frothy head has collapsed leaving lumps of yeasty residue on the top of an otherwise calm-looking brown liquid.

This time it's very different. There was some frothing in the first couple of days, but now the yeasty head has disappeared completely. The only sign of activity is that the beer has lots of tiny bubbles coming to the top, almost as if it is 'fizzy'. I'm now a week into the ferment and it basically looks like a giant vat of Coca Cola.

Is this normal or has something gone wrong?

Sounds perfectly normal to me. :thumb: :thumb:

Have you got a hydrometer? if so do a reading if you get three days of consecutive readings at the expected gravity then it is finished. Just leave it until it clears, preferably somewhere cool to aid clearing, then bottle or keg.

:thumb:

I do have a hydrometer, but I don't usually bother checking until at least 10 days in. Good to know that sounds normal though. Maybe it's because this is a one-can kit instead of the two-can kits I usually make.

All 4 of my brews have been like this and each have turned out well in the end so i'd say its nothing to worry about :cheers:

Latest posts

Back