My first brewery... I've got cabinets now!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so jealous, and excited to see this come together. Congratulations Calum!

It's got to the point now where when SWMBO looks at potential houses for us she keeps an eye out for a brewshed for me. Love it!

The Goatreich said:
I am so jealous, and excited to see this come together. Congratulations Calum!

Thanks! It's already been hard work to just get my hands on it, but that's just the start, there's SO much more to do...

The Goatreich said:
It's got to the point now where when SWMBO looks at potential houses for us she keeps an eye out for a brewshed for me. Love it!

Good work that man! You've got a "keeper"... ;)

Next big step along the brewery build path...

Pots are back in stock with the German eBay crew.

70l stockpot and 50l thermopot now heading for the brewshed!!!

I can see a couple of BIAB's happening before the full brewery gets built mind.

BRING IT ON!!!

EDIT: and for anyone thinking of buying the same things - both pots delivered for 128.70 Euro. At paypal conversion rates thats a smidge over £107. Bargain!

calumscott said:
Next big step along the brewery build path...

Pots are back in stock with the German eBay crew.

70l stockpot and 50l thermopot now heading for the brewshed!!!

I can see a couple of BIAB's happening before the full brewery gets built mind.

BRING IT ON!!!

EDIT: and for anyone thinking of buying the same things - both pots delivered for 128.70 Euro. At paypal conversion rates thats a smidge over £107. Bargain!

Do you have a link to the appropriate pots?

Belter said:
calumscott said:

Do you have a link to the appropriate pots?

Yup http://www.ebay.de/sch/catering-portal/ ... m=&_ipg=25

You can email them direct though and they'll just send you a price and a paypal invoice - [email protected]

Really nice people to deal with too - very helpful, when I was initially ready to buy them they didn't have the thermo in stock - I asked them to just put the order together when they came in from their supplier and sure enough, a nice email and invoice appeared this morning.

Hmmmm... no idea I'm afraid...

...that suggests you either love 'em or hate 'em... :shock:

oh and marmite? :sick:

On other posts people have said 'The Marmite Pots' are the ones you're looking for. Perhaps that is why they call them that?

On other posts people have said 'The Marmite Pots' are the ones you're looking for. Perhaps that is why they call them that?
Not sure how accurate the translation is but French to English..... Marmite = Pot
Apparently confirmed on wiki
The image on the front of the British jar shows a "marmite" (French, a French term for a large, covered earthenware or metal cooking pot.[2] British Marmite was originally supplied in earthenware pots, but since the 1920s has been sold in glass jars of approximately the same shape

Vossy1 said:
Not sure how accurate the translation is but French to English..... Marmite = Pot
Apparently confirmed on wiki
[quote:3oyx7j6i]The image on the front of the British jar shows a "marmite" (French, a French term for a large, covered earthenware or metal cooking pot.[2] British Marmite was originally supplied in earthenware pots, but since the 1920s has been sold in glass jars of approximately the same shape
[/quote:3oyx7j6i]

:-) thanks for clearing that up. So I'm not ordering a marmite pot as that would be a pot pot. Like an NCP car park. a GPS system. Or a PAT test.

The pots have landed!

And I'm sat at work.

Sad, sad, sad... I'll be clockwatching all afternoon even though there's nothing I can do with them for a while!!

Anyway, thoughts now turn to the build.

If I were to get one of these - http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/fal ... -1344.html

The plan is to build a counterflow chiller (garden hose over 8mm copper).

Would I need any further in-boiler filtration or will that pretty much stop all the hops post-boil?

Does anyone have one of these? How well do they scavenge the bottom of the pot? Do I need to make any mods to get the most out?

Back