My first brewery... I've got cabinets now!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, one closer but another one back in the meantime... my vendor's onward vendor pulled out. Another 8 weeks or so to wait... :(

That sucks mate, at least its all still going just a bit slower than you hoped, cantsee me buying for a few years yet and there is limited brew space at our current house so I watch all the projects on here with interest (and a small amount of jelousey)

Thanks to markpeace's thread I think I have the fermentation environment and drinking stock fridge system sorted in concept at least.

So from fleabay or freecycle I shall source a small fridge freezer.

The fridge is just the fridge, for keeping yeast cultures and drinkable beers and ciders. :thumb: :drink:

The freezer gets partitioned, probably vertically, with some heavy duty insulation of some kind and a big ice cube will be encouraged to form in one part. This will form the "cold store". The other bit will be for hops and ice cubes for summer drinkies.

Right next door to the fridge freezer will be the fermenting environment. A wooden cupboard, heavily insulated, and big enough for at least three 5 gallon FVs and probably more space for bottles/DJs. A tube heater provides heat and cooling is provided by a solar pump circulating glycol based anti-freeze through the "cold store" part of the freezer. Both tube heater and cooling pump can be rigged I guess to some kind of controller device with a temp probe. Gets too hot, pump runs cold fluid through, gets too cold, tube heater comes on... Can't be that simple can it?

I could also, in a future phase, add an additional heater and complete cooling loop and controller to the other end of the environment such that it could be used either as a single temp big unit or a split unit with one cool side for lagering or crash cooling and the other side at fermentation temp...

:hmm:

That sounds really simple and easy. The best of it is that if the main component of the system fails (the fridge freezer) all I have to do is source another, subdivide the freezer part, bore some holes in the side and re-plumb.

Exchanged contracts this afternoon!!!! Keys in two weeks!!

So without further ado, here it is, the future "Bampton Brewshed"...

bampton_brewshed.JPG

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Now, a little time out this weekend for a bit of :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: a celebration

Hopefully not too much :drunk: :drunk:

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I think I might be a little bit happy...

Cool. That'll give you somewhere to sit and drink the beer. Also. When the shed gets full, you can use the house for storage...

M

Got the keys today!!! :D :D :party: :party: :party: :D :D :party: :party:

The Bampton Brewshed is...

...a damn sight bigger than I thought it would be!!! It's nothing short of Mahooooosive!!!

Calum = well chuffed!

(House is nice too mind...)

Nice on Calum. Enjoy your little man cave ... At least until swmbo realises how much time you're spending in there, and then makes you spend more time in the house, or worse still says that the space is currently wasted and moves loads of **** like lawn mower etc in there :p

Latest posts

Back