My first pint

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbo1982

Reaction score
Just thought I would post a pic of my first pint. It's a coopers canadian blonde and this is before it goes in the cold for a while. Had 2 weeks in the bottle in a warm room. Really pleased with it even though it's probably not ready yet

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=574&stc=1&d=1415299864

image.jpg

why do I double post all the time?~•~•~•~ sorry I'm still finding my forum feet

Fantastic. Well done. Looks lovely.

I love the excitement of the 'First bottle of a batch' feeling.

Did a take on a London Pride couple of weeks ago. Cracked open the first bottle about an hour ago. I'm amazed how good it's turned out considering it's only been conditioning 1 week.

Looks nice . well done ,A,for effort nice head clearing nice. Is it fizzy can't tell . plus does it taste nice ? I have not done that kit yet . I love coopers European and brewmasters pilsner

It's not as fizzy as I would have liked and the head does disappear quite quick but it tastes ok and is very clear already. Hoping the taste improves slightly over the coming weeks but all in all I'm over the moon with my first attempt.

Try 5ml off sugar per bottle next time . or a widgets glass helps with head and fizz . thanks Toby

I think I will try batch priming next time. I used 2 muntons carb drops per 500ml bottle for this one and not really much going on in the way of fizz. I have also got a load of swing top bottle for next time so hoping that will help.

Nice clear looking first bottle! :clap:

The beer might absorb a bit more of the co2 in the cold over the next month - that might help your head and your fizz.

The extra conditioning time will improve the flavour too.

Let's face it though - we all attacked our first batch way too early - it's only natural curiosity! :wink:

YOU HAVE DRUNK BEER WOT YOU MADE YOURSELF!!! :clap: :drunk: :thumb:

I think I will try batch priming next time. I used 2 muntons carb drops per 500ml bottle for this one and not really much going on in the way of fizz. I have also got a load of swing top bottle for next time so hoping that will help.

Give it time buddy. 2x carb drops to 500ml is just about right. If your beer lasts you another 4 wks. The head retention and fizz should be spot on.
Enjoy your first brew!

Latest posts

Back