My post, Pink army

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Over the coarse of today i have given a lot of thought about the words i wrote and i apologize to anyone offended bye it, i am not homophobic in any sense at all, i have a lot of gay friends male and female and i don't judge them in anyway at all, it is people who think they are above the law that get me going, anyway enough of this and once again sorry if i caused offence

Welcome back.
Having thought about this, I think what presses my buttons are very vocal extremists forcing their views on me, but luckily I encounter very few in real life & if I find them on TV or t'web, I just turn over or close the tab.

After all, almost all of us are just people trying to get on the best we can with our lives.

Over the coarse of today i have given a lot of thought about the words i wrote and i apologize to anyone offended bye it, i am not homophobic in any sense at all, i have a lot of gay friends male and female and i don't judge them in anyway at all, it is people who think they are above the law that get me going, anyway enough of this and once again sorry if i caused offence
My goodness me, it is a brewing forum FFS, surely a member who has a drink can be excused for a remark made late at night without a witch hunt. Who was really offended? Not me. Nor should anyone else, Take it within ones stride.

My goodness me, it is a brewing forum FFS, surely a member who has a drink can be excused for a remark made late at night without a witch hunt. Who was really offended? Not me. Nor should anyone else, Take it within ones stride.
My thoughts exactly foxy. The snug is supposed to be a virtual pub setting. Imagine some of the snowflakes on here being in an actual boozer on a Friday night and getting offended by some of the banter going on and running to the barman to complain 🤷‍♂️
Head shaking and finger wagging to the extreme

Spot on, Foxy. Except we're not in a pub, we're ........ open to the great wide world to make money for the forum owners. End of that story, really.
As for the Pink Army. Never heard the expression and when I googled it I could only find references to some kind of band and also to a group promoting breast cancer awareness. Like the original thread, "witch hunt" fits the bill perfectly whether you like or loath the guy. I'm in the latter camp, but that's not really the point. Not impressed with their replacements either, but then I rarely watch telly now that I've seen every possible iteration and spin off of Star Treck.

Sorry, the pub reference was @Donegal john.

Last edited:
I did the same with "pink army" on Google.

Tbh you could have been referring to the demographic "male, pale & stale"

Spot on, Foxy. Except we're not in a pub, we're ........ open to the great wide world to make money for the forum owners. End of that story, really.

As i have said countless times before no one forces you to visit the snug if you think all threads are ........ use a little self controll and dont click!

As for making money why do you object hosting and running a forum doesn't come cheap as it says below -
"The The Homebrew Forum Supporting Membership program provides the much needed funds to cover all the expenses it takes to keep this great website running"

Account Upgrades

Here at The Homebrew Forum we strive to provide a friendly and technical oriented community with limited advertising that works towards our hobby and passion. The The Homebrew Forum Supporting Membership program provides the much needed funds to cover all the expenses it takes to keep this great website running. We rely on this program to keep the lights running and highly appreciate your support!

The Homebrew Forum Supporting Membership Benefits
  • Access to active private forum for Supporting Members only.
  • Post & thread editing time increases to one month.
  • Recognition of your Supporting Member status.
  • The ability to post in Classifieds without waiting.
  • The ability to turn off advertisements.
  • The ability to change username.
  • Unlimited private message space.
  • Unlimited file attachment space.
  • Unlimited gallery space.
  • The satisfaction that you are supporting The Homebrew Forum's future and it's role within the hobby as a library of knowledge and community.
https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/account/upgrades

As for making money why do you object hosting and running a forum doesn't come cheap as it says below - "The The Homebrew Forum Supporting Membership program provides the much needed funds to cover all the expenses it takes to keep this great website running"
No objection. Just telling @foxy that we're not in the same environment as a public bar down at the boozer where the audience is very limited. Here, it's wide open to a much greater public and I think I'm right in saying that part of the moderators' job is to ensure that that public is not alienated and continues to click so that we can enjoy the benefits you list later in your post.
With that in mind, it makes it easier to understand why moderators sometimes intervene in situations which otherwise might appear petty.

I risk being seen as conforming to the stereotype I've challenged earlier, but it is an important point. It should not matter if you are in a pub, with your mates at home, or in any other public setting, it is important that we all try not to be bigoted, prejudiced, bullying or demeaning of minority groups. I know none of us are perfect, and there are always a range of views, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try. I really hope that some people feel brave enough to say 'it's not ok' when things are said in the pub in a group that ridicule or demean. @Rodcx500z deserves a lot of credit for the first post in this thread as it would have been so easy to say nothing.

I also have to thank those here in general, as it's incredibly welcoming and let's face it you put up with me getting all technical, long winded .... and stereotypical 😜 .

Pubs, I mean proper boozers not "bars", wine, cocktail or otherwise, exist and flourish because we're not saints and probably don't want to be. A good half a gallon or so while chewing over the old wasp with a few mates or complete strangers is cathartic and allows us walk out of there having put the world to rights and deal with the trials and tribulations of everyday existence. That's the real world and shame on you, Anna, coming out with that after what you've been saying about roofers and what you'd like to see happen to them. :laugh8:

Back