Quantcast

Name a Beer that makes you go WOW!!

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

meirion658

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

As the title says really name a beer/lager that just makes you go wow and sit back and appreciate it.

Clint

Hammered.....
Reaction score
The Hazelwood Brewery bitter clone I've just opened! Skived off two hours early from work now sitting in the garden...

thesteve

Reaction score
Good topic. But for me, time of day, tiredness, mood, temperature of beer, company all contribute to what you think is a good/bad beer at any particular moment.................
and we can also over think beer a bit and get a little bit too excited over one being so much better than the other. I have had a number of really good ones but cannot ever recall tasting a beer and thinking wow in the same way as watching a football match for example and seeing a wonder goal. A beer is a beer.

Cwrw666

Landlord.
Reaction score
Can't say I can ever remember tasting a commercially available beer and thinking `Wow!'

On the other hand I'm just coming to the end of a Greg Hughes Milk Stout and that was my first impression right through to the last bottle.

LesTom

Regular.
Reaction score
Rochefort 10 is an amazing beer, so full of flavour and rich, I love sipping it and as the OP says it just makes me go WOW

AdeDunn

Reaction score
Sto Hellit After Dinner Porter:-
IMG_20181202_233438.jpgIMG_20181215_182918.jpg
Seriously need to brew it again this year, it was a stunner. Was a mint chocolate porter, and truly delicious.

dad_of_jon

Beer designer
Reaction score
sixpoint bengali , then sixpoint resin , brooklyn chocolote stout - s&s aventinus. Punk Ipa - right at the start. These are the first 5 wows I can recall. My last wow was lupulus triple.

Asherweef

Reaction score
I think Tripel Karmaleit was mine, not sure if it was part down to company and location though!

Richard_H

Reaction score
Rochefort 10 is an amazing beer, so full of flavour and rich, I love sipping it and as the OP says it just makes me go WOW
I think Tripel Karmaleit was mine, not sure if it was part down to company and location though!
Both of these beers spring to mind when I think of that rare wow factor you get from drinking a beer that is so well crafted that you have to sit back and think to yourself "how have they done that"

Rochefort 10 for being so complex, dark Belgian beer then brandy and then port from 1 sip. Only ever have the 1 and move on but every time I have to sit back and admire it.

Tripel Karmaleit for being the best Tripel on the market. Quite a simple beer but just perfect, if I had to chose 1 last beer it would probably be this.

Cestrian

Reaction score
It’s not very often that you try a beer that really blows you away, but have to agree my first glass of Rochefort 10 was one of those moments. Rodenbach Grand Cru was another.
Outside of Belgium I think Thornbridge Jaipur was a wow moment.

Last edited:

ppsmith

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recent wows have been Rodenbach Grand Cru and Siren Calypso.

The Rodenbach was described as “pure balsamic“ by the guy in the bottle shop, and he hit the nail on the head - haven’t tasted another beer like that one.

The Siren was the first can opened after a long drive, while putting up the tent for a camping weekend Might have been the occasion as much as the beer but it was memorable.

SouthDowns

Reaction score
There have been a few. Insatiable Circumstance - coffee porter by Wilde Child. The Weekend Radio - IPA by Polly's brew co. are two that stand out. I would be very very happy if I could get close to those with my brews

Garmostripel

Reaction score
Leffe Blond for me and then I tried Leffe Radius another wow shame it’s not as easy to find.

Milesey

Reaction score
Punk IPA in bottles and cans I can drink every day , just love it
Goose IPA is very nice

Real ale ; Oakham Bishops Farewell

When bishops is on form it’s just wonderful

An Ankoù

Landlord.
Reaction score
Punk IPA in bottles and cans I can drink every day , just love it
Goose IPA is very nice

Real ale ; Oakham Bishops Farewell

When bishops is on form it’s just wonderful
Absolutely spot on. My favourite quaffing beer of all time! acheers.
Best place to drink it is the Brewery Tap. It's the only thing about Peterborough that I enjoyed, I have to say.