NEIPA, is there any point?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewnaldo

Landlord.
Reaction score
Be honest now folks, I would like to brew one of these as my next brew, but I have read a lot of the threads on here and the whole oxidizing thing worries me. For those who have hone brewed NEIPA, would you say the result is worth it? I would be bottling FWIW.

If the answer is no, does anyone have a recipe or idea for a similar tasting thing? I recently had an AIPA from Sainsburys which was nice and fruity. Its that fruity style I want to get, more so than the haze or anything.

Any help appreciated. I am of a mind to just for for a NEIPA and see but this site hasnt steered me wrong yet so what say you all?

You could do a hazy pale but remember any beer can become oxidised and develop flaws from that. I would look at your bottling methods to prevent it.

You could do a hazy pale but remember any beer can become oxidised and develop flaws from that. I would look at your bottling methods to prevent it.

I bottle from FV or bottling bucket with a bottling wand, straight from the tap. Probably FV in the case of NEIPA to avoid a transfer.

I wont be investing in any nore kit just to bottle an NEIPA better at this time so maybe best avoid for now.

Anyway I have ordered grain and hops for a kolsch (Saaz substituted for Spalt select which I couldn't get) to get me through this difficult period.

Probably not what you want to hear, but I wouldn't bother. I nearly ended up giving up brewing because I got so frustrated with delicious NEIPAs turning to **** within a couple of weeks if bottling. The only remedy (and I tried everything I could think of) was kegging and closed transfers.

Same as @Brew_DD2 . I went chasing those types and struggled to get near them, and thought it was me being **** at brewing. I now just brew really hoppy pale ales and not clear them, and feel more content with my efforts with brewing.

I brewed one last year which turned out very well, my mates loved it, I've never liked them very much if I'm honest and only did one to see if I could. I'm brewing one again at the moment but again, only for mates and to see if I can do it again!

20190815_210759.jpg

Attachments

• 20190815_210827.jpg
    20190815_210827.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 63

Latest posts

Back