NEIPA water profile and Brewfather

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finalising the recipe for a NEIPA for this weekends brewery. I'm just getting more into water adjustments and so far have been blindly following Brewfather suggested additions against my own water profile. However thought I'd delve a bit deeper in with this beer. It seems fo NEIPA's the water profile should have a Sulphate to Chloride ratio of 1:3 however the Brewfather 'Hoppy NEIPA' target profile results in a 'balanced' Sulphate to Chloride profile. So I created my own custom target profile based upon a NEIPIA profile giving a 1:3 ratio and when I plug all that into Brewfather it says the resultant water is 'very full or malty' which is the opposite from what I was expecting.

What's going on here? am I using and interpreting the tool correctly?

I've attached the Brewfather screen shot that shows my tap water profile and the customised NEIPIA proile if that helps.

Thanks.

Attachments

• water profile.png
    water profile.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 220
The very full/malty is classically what a chloride-heavy profile would be used for. Just think of full as mouthfeel. Your 3:1 Chloride:Sulphate should be spot on.

Latest posts

Back